Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              13      
       15       16       17       end

Archive 2013 · Bought a "mint" 200 1.8, he delivered a beater.

outlawyer
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.14 #1 · p.14 #1 · Bought a "mint" 200 1.8, he delivered a beater.

Todd Klassy wrote:
VERY creepy.

I drifted off to sleep three times...and that was before I even got to the third page.

Feb 19, 2013 at 10:32 PM
brogala
• •
p.14 #2 · p.14 #2 · Bought a "mint" 200 1.8, he delivered a beater.

The similarity in the name is somewhat disconcerting especially since I've just sold a 200 1.8 to an FM member in Washington state. It is on it's way there at this time. Hope it's condition does not result in a thread similar to this one. I doubt it very much. Also, it is somewhat ironic that if Dennis had know of the two I had available two weeks ago he probably would have purchased one of them, in a face to face transaction, and all this could have been avoided. Terrible situation. The seller is someone I'd certainly avoid at all cost.
In the well over 100 transactions I've had on this site I've never had a problem and I'm very grateful that this site is available for selling and buying gear. From what I can surmise this situation is very rare and I hope it does not in any way affect how transactions are carried out on this site.

Best of luck Dennis!

Edited on Feb 19, 2013 at 10:59 PM · View previous versions

Feb 19, 2013 at 10:57 PM
dennisgibson
• • • •
p.14 #3 · p.14 #3 · Bought a "mint" 200 1.8, he delivered a beater.

outlawyer wrote:
I drifted off to sleep three times...and that was before I even got to the third page.

Ok, after reading that I'm starting to feel like I have been screwed by Buffalo Bill from Silence of the Lambs! I was waiting for him to ask her if "she was a size 14" and then tell her to "put the lotion in the basket". Good Lord!

Feb 19, 2013 at 10:58 PM
jbalch
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.14 #4 · p.14 #4 · Bought a "mint" 200 1.8, he delivered a beater.

dennisgibson wrote:
Ok, after reading that I'm starting to feel like I have been screwed by Buffalo Bill from Silence of the Lambs! I was waiting for him to ask her if "she was a size 14" and then tell her to "put the lotion in the basket". Good Lord!

lmao

Feb 19, 2013 at 11:03 PM
anscochrome
• •
p.14 #5 · p.14 #5 · Bought a "mint" 200 1.8, he delivered a beater.

Todd Klassy wrote:
VERY creepy.

Besides the "sexual" aspects of the post, this line early one in the rambling caught my attention, "How many of us will not photography kids because we "fear" the reaction from the parents.

And to me that is really sad.. "

Um sorry pal. If I am out photographing in a public park/recreation area and a family approaches my vicinity, I immediately put my camera down from my face. I do not need accusations of pedophilia spoiling my day. And no way do I photograph the children of strangers.

Feb 19, 2013 at 11:14 PM
erikburd
• • •
p.14 #6 · p.14 #6 · Bought a "mint" 200 1.8, he delivered a beater.

"Um sorry pal. If I am out photographing in a public park/recreation area and a family approaches my vicinity, I immediately put my camera down from my face. I do not need accusations of pedophilia spoiling my day. And no way do I photograph the children of strangers."

+1 - I always put down my camera when children are in the vicinity. The last thing I need is some kid walking up to his/her parents saying "that guy over there took my picture". That's especially true when traveling in a foreign country.

I have two simple unwritten rules:
1) No pictures of children without parental consent or knowledge (like my nephew's soccer games)
2) No pictures of people praying (mosque, Buddhist temple, etc.)

So far those have kept me out of trouble....

Feb 19, 2013 at 11:39 PM
mpmendenhall
• • • •
p.14 #7 · p.14 #7 · Bought a "mint" 200 1.8, he delivered a beater.

anscochrome wrote:
Besides the "sexual" aspects of the post, this line early one in the rambling caught my attention, "How many of us will not photography kids because we "fear" the reaction from the parents...

Why should any rational parent parent have a negative reaction to having this kind of guy --- i.e., the kind who compulsively launches into an infomercial for his designer knives in the middle of his sex/revenge fantasy aimed at strangers waiting for a parking space spot --- ogling their kids? Yeah, there's obviously nothing majorly creepy for parents to worry about dudes like this camera-stalking their children.

Feb 19, 2013 at 11:53 PM
Paul Mo
• • • •
p.14 #8 · p.14 #8 · Bought a "mint" 200 1.8, he delivered a beater.

anscochrome wrote:
Um sorry pal. If I am out photographing in a public park/recreation area and a family approaches my vicinity, I immediately put my camera down from my face. I do not need accusations of pedophilia spoiling my day.

Sad.

I don't. I am here to record culture for posterity. Their fears do not make me a predator. Society needs to mature and see that we (normal men) are nothing to be feared. Hold your head high and continue your craft.

Feb 20, 2013 at 12:31 AM
skibum5
• • • • • •
p.14 #9 · p.14 #9 · Bought a "mint" 200 1.8, he delivered a beater.

Wow looks like they bought a new one for themselves and then sent you an old clunker or they stole pics someone else took of a different copy. That is definitely way wrong.

Feb 20, 2013 at 01:02 AM
skibum5
• • • • • •
p.14 #10 · p.14 #10 · Bought a "mint" 200 1.8, he delivered a beater.

James Markus wrote:
Dennis, I don't know you or the seller of this lens. However, I am kind shocked at the facts as you have portrayed them. I'm also puzzled about taking this to the court of public opinion - when even the most basic questions are not being asked by the forum participants. For example: how well was the lens packaged? Was anything in the box with the lens? What did the box look like when it arrived? Why do the chips look so fresh...showing bright base metal where the paint had been?

Any item described as "mint" should not have a
...Show more

Oh come on, no lens goes from that to that from something during shipping!

Feb 20, 2013 at 01:06 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

jojomon11
• • • • •
p.14 #11 · p.14 #11 · Bought a "mint" 200 1.8, he delivered a beater.

Dennis if you need more info please PM me

I think I gave you everything you need

Phil

Feb 20, 2013 at 01:25 AM
dennisgibson
• • • •
p.14 #12 · p.14 #12 · Bought a "mint" 200 1.8, he delivered a beater.

jojomon11 wrote:
Dennis if you need more info please PM me

I think I gave you everything you need

Phil

Thanks Phil,

I think between your photo of the date code matching the date code of the lens I was sent, along with the scratch on the foot in the pic you posted matching one of the dozens that now reside on the lens foot (you can see it in my original post), it's safe to say that Gregory got this lens from you and took zero precautions when using or storing it. It's definitely been used and abused, banged around and not taken care of. That's pretty sad seeing as they only made a few thousand of these and it was a pristine copy of it when you traded it to him. That's like someone taking an old original muscle car which is in pristine condition and just driving it around banging into stuff, leaving the windows open when it rains and never changing it's oil.

Feb 20, 2013 at 01:50 AM
tanglefoot47
• • • • • •
p.14 #13 · p.14 #13 · Bought a "mint" 200 1.8, he delivered a beater.

dennisgibson wrote:
Greg, this was done with my AMEX through PayPal.

This really proves that you shouldn't use PP gift. Unless of course you're buying from me ha ha.

Or me although my FB sucks

Feb 20, 2013 at 02:02 AM
vsg28
• • •
p.14 #14 · p.14 #14 · Bought a "mint" 200 1.8, he delivered a beater.

tanglefoot47 wrote:
Or me although my FB sucks

Nah don't trust this "tanglefoot47" guy. Legend has it he actually rates his lenses lower than they actually are. Probably something to do with his age though

Feb 20, 2013 at 02:17 AM
tanglefoot47
• • • • • •
p.14 #15 · p.14 #15 · Bought a "mint" 200 1.8, he delivered a beater.

vsg28 wrote:
Nah don't trust this "tanglefoot47" guy. Legend has it he actually rates his lenses lower than they actually are. Probably something to do with his age though

God now everyone knows I am OLD

Feb 20, 2013 at 04:19 AM
vsg28
• • •
p.14 #16 · p.14 #16 · Bought a "mint" 200 1.8, he delivered a beater.

Your profile does give it away

Feb 20, 2013 at 04:38 AM
tonywong88
• •
p.14 #17 · p.14 #17 · Bought a "mint" 200 1.8, he delivered a beater.

Actually his intent was always to beat the crap out of it. It's in that thread that was referenced previously here:
http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1065217/0&year=2011#10130138

But as it is, I wanted to take some decent artistic shots, before It all marked up from use . And to me, it makes no difernce what camera/lens I using for the product shots.

This is after he waxes all poetic about the great condition of the lens and takes photos of it for posterity. This shows he *knows* exactly what a great condition lens should be worth and that being a good caretaker of a lens does mean something to the buyer and seller. His misrepresentation to the OP here is deliberate and not accidental because of any ignorance. It is malicious and hypocritical.

Feb 20, 2013 at 05:31 AM
tanglefoot47
• • • • • •
p.14 #18 · p.14 #18 · Bought a "mint" 200 1.8, he delivered a beater.

tonywong88 wrote:
Actually his intent was always to beat the crap out of it. It's in that thread that was referenced previously here:
http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1065217/0&year=2011#10130138

This is after he waxes all poetic about the great condition of the lens and takes photos of it for posterity. This shows he *knows* exactly what a great condition lens should be worth and that being a good caretaker of a lens does mean something to the buyer and seller. His misrepresentation to the OP here is deliberate and not accidental because of any ignorance. It is malicious and hypocritical.

Well said the guy is a loser

Feb 20, 2013 at 05:52 AM
tanglefoot47
• • • • • •
p.14 #19 · p.14 #19 · Bought a "mint" 200 1.8, he delivered a beater.

vsg28 wrote:
Your profile does give it away

'

Feb 20, 2013 at 05:52 AM
Kathy White
• • •
p.14 #20 · p.14 #20 · Bought a "mint" 200 1.8, he delivered a beater.

Ok, from his post, he got the lens around Nov 11th, so how do you beat up a lens that badly in that short of a time frame? Even if you were not careful that would only account for the scratches, not the brassing from heavy use on the switches. To me that lens looks like years of heavy use.

I hope you get your money back on this. This situation was definately fraud.

Feb 20, 2013 at 06:53 AM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password