Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2013 · Blog Vs Facebook Page

D. Diggler
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · Blog Vs Facebook Page

jared_irl wrote:
I really hate having my business built around FB allowing me to have that communication, but I'm not finding another way to do it.

Can you actually say that you've picked up any business through your participation on Facebook? I hope it's not being just a big "time suck" for you being this water cooler for the wedding guests with no bookings really coming from your time spent.

Feb 19, 2013 at 08:35 AM
jared_irl
• •
p.2 #2 · Blog Vs Facebook Page

D. Diggler wrote:
Can you actually say that you've picked up any business through your participation on Facebook? I hope it's not being just a big "time suck" for you being this water cooler for the wedding guests with no bookings really coming from your time spent.

Yes, absolutely. Lots. i'd say 50% of my bookings are people who I can track to previous comments, likes or tags in FB posts prior to them contacting me about booking. Close to 30% of those I can't track, when I do find them on FB (and I always search them out), have mutual friends being former brides or parts of the wedding party.

It's interesting, but out of every wedding we shoot, I become FB 'friends' with a handful of the wedding party on my personal page, and of course invite them to the business page. At that point, they're becoming additional folks that see my work, and when promoted, their friends are also in the viewing range. It's a very trackable and scalable system I have going..

With all that said. I don't necessarily like it. I mean it's keeping me booked, but I'm at FB's mercy. I'm trying to figure out why I even have a blog if it acts as a static port of my FB posts, and it gets a small amount of traffic. My site, with the portfolio images, gets a lot more, and I do get a decent number of inquiries through the website 'contact me' page.

I really love the communication I have with these people. I feel it's one of the strengths of the business. I feel if I lost that, i'd lose the connection I have with a lot of these people, and I don't think the blog is capable of doing that...

any ideas?

Feb 19, 2013 at 05:03 PM
D. Diggler
• • • • •
p.2 #3 · Blog Vs Facebook Page

jared_irl wrote:
i'd say 50% of my bookings are people who I can track to previous comments, likes or tags in FB posts prior to them contacting me about booking.

Sounds like you're quite the expert at Facebook marketing!

I was just curious about something ...
How did you get started with Facebook? Did you first get involved just for your business or were you involved prior to that for your own personal socializing with friends and family?

Feb 26, 2013 at 10:35 AM
NYstyles
• •
p.2 #4 · Blog Vs Facebook Page

Ghost wrote:
Just wondering if you pay FB on ads?

I don't. And over the last few months have seen a huge decline on Reach.

Is this the strategy that FB is taking? Pay to play kinda thing?

Yes, its pay to play now. Unless all your "fans" subscribe to your feed or you pay they wont see you.. (last I knew, they change like I change my undies lol) If they are not active in anyway with your page they wont see you either..

For me personally FB is a waste of my time. I do not have a business page anymore only personal. (I dont allow clients or industry people on my personal page, I dont mix biz with pleasure) Cover photos/web copies come with my sessions so I still float through FB but now they go to my website not a fan page. My website trumps all other avenues IMO.

The stock market has turned FB into greedbook and its now serves big business and the small businesses are left in the dust. Facebook users are declining and will continue to decline. In time fb will be like Myspace.

Two years ago FB rocked but now not so much. Now its just greedy and a privacy invader. I get they want to make money, who doesn't? However, its obnoxious and they have left the little people that help them build it in the dust..

Just my opinion about FB now a days..

Feb 26, 2013 at 12:54 PM
       end

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password