Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2013 · To post or not to post...

sherijohnson
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · To post or not to post...

Great thread here, I always discuss facial expressions, and concerns regarding photography to find out what concerns they may have sometimes you get feedback and sometimes you don't, I try to have these discussions before we shoot together. Another thing that I try to get them to do is show me some images of themselves that they love and that they hate, so I will know what to avoid.... now if people would actually follow up and do it is another thing. Like you I am also concerned about showing the most flattering shots of my clients, but in the end, I let them know that they are the ones that get to pick and choose what they want everyone to see. I have also told clients at times if they see any images I have posted that they wouldn't want anyone to see, to let me know which ones they are and I will gladly take them down because I would want them to be happy with what is online so much that they would proudly share it. A few times this ended up being quite tedious, so I tend to be even more selective of what I post.

Feb 16, 2013 at 09:42 AM
kwhaley29
• •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · To post or not to post...

Many photographers advertise themselves as someone who will capture the personality of someone else, then when it comes time to provide images the only personality that shows up is the photographer's. You caught the moment, it means something to your client, so let them enjoy it.

Feb 16, 2013 at 09:44 AM
jofoto photo
• • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · To post or not to post...

^^ This 100%

Feb 16, 2013 at 02:40 PM
dhp_sf
• • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · To post or not to post...

I have a friend that I show my WIP blog posts to. I remember one instance I picked a photo I thought was super emotional of the bride and my friend said, "I don't think she'll like how she looks in that shot." So I didn't post it.

Later on when I was designing their album, I had them select a few "must have shots" for their book. She chose the one afore mentioned photo! Anyway, that's not helpful except to say, everyone will see something differently in your photos. If it is a shot that you personally like but you have your doubts on whether its content trumps how "unflattering" it is, you don't lose anything by not blogging it. Go with your gut.

Feb 16, 2013 at 03:21 PM
NYstyles
• • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · To post or not to post...

What I have found is many couples want to see real. Many over look the "best of the best" in a gallery and want to see real photos they can see themselves in.

Im only going into my 3rd season doing weddings so Im still a newbie but, this has been my experience and feedback I read from brides on forums for brides. Real sells over that best of the best editorial shot in the gallery. They are going to your blog..

Feb 16, 2013 at 08:48 PM
morby
• • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · To post or not to post...

This is some really helpful stuff! Thanks for all of the input! It's given me a lot to think about when it comes to doing blog posts.

Feb 17, 2013 at 12:37 AM
jprezant
• • • • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · To post or not to post...

I would deliver them. Wouldn't blog either if you have better stuff

Feb 17, 2013 at 11:46 AM
       end

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.