New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2013 · When an "offer" isn't.

Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · When an "offer" isn't.

Thang wrote:
I wait for no one. If the buyer says "I will take it" but doesn't pay within 30 minutes, (unless prearranged and buyer is a high standing member) I go on to the next person.

Negotiation is part of every transaction BUT that doesn't mean I am committed to that buyer either.

I agree with Thang. "Will you take" does not offend me and to me it is part of the sale,buy process.
If the buyer or seller states some reasonable explanantion for a delay in payment, I will consider his reputation and feedback then decide.
I have NEVER had a problem with this buying/selling strategy, even with "newbies".

I always try NOT to insult the seller with an "unfair" offer, some may use the term "lowball". I always research prices so while I may "low-end" a price, it is within the average sale price of the item. I consider "lowball" an unfair,unreasonable offer.
Dan

Feb 15, 2013 at 05:13 PM
unangelino
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · When an "offer" isn't.

i'm not offended by "will you take" i just don't consider what comes after those words as a serious offer. i actually enjoy the negotiation process.heck, i even like buying and leasing cars (though i hate the process of buying a house). i'm fine with any offer, no matter how low.

as another poster said, my delete key works great.

Feb 15, 2013 at 08:56 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · When an "offer" isn't.

My ignore function works really well, too. Doesn't even need a key.

Feb 15, 2013 at 09:47 PM
anthonysemone
• • • • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · When an "offer" isn't.

I've had only one experience here on FM with a "would you take $." As I usually do, I had posted a price for the item I was selling that was already far below what that item was selling for on the usual sources, e.g., KEH, Adorama, FM, etc. As usual, my price was all inclusive of the item, shipping insurance and PP fees. the guy/gal PM'd me "would I take" and the amount proffered was clearly a figure that accounted for shipping charges. I responded by saying "No, I would not." That's "nickle and dime" gaming as far as I'm concerned and I refuse to play it.

Feb 16, 2013 at 08:49 AM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · When an "offer" isn't.

anthonysemone wrote:
I've had only one experience here on FM with a "would you take $." As I usually do, I had posted a price for the item I was selling that was already far below what that item was selling for on the usual sources, e.g., KEH, Adorama, FM, etc. As usual, my price was all inclusive of the item, shipping insurance and PP fees. the guy/gal PM'd me "would I take" and the amount proffered was clearly a figure that accounted for shipping charges. I responded by saying "No, I would not." That's "nickle and dime" gaming as far as
...Show more

Semper Fi Anthony!
Yeah..there are those who think we don't "do our homework" and are willing to "give the item away". Can't say I blame them but as you say....this fish don't bite!
Dan

Feb 16, 2013 at 09:45 AM
       end

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.