Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2013 · CAMERA/COMBO CHOICE D4&D800 or........

DigMeTX
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · CAMERA/COMBO CHOICE D4&D800 or........

I've never owned a D7000 so I can't compare but I've read several technical reviews that noted the improved autofocus ability of the D600 over the D7000.

brad

Feb 14, 2013 at 09:45 AM
Nikon_14
• • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · CAMERA/COMBO CHOICE D4&D800 or........

TRReichman wrote:
The AF on the d600 is far superior to the d7000.

How would the D600's AF compare to the D3s in low-light?

Feb 14, 2013 at 12:28 PM
Littleguy
• • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · CAMERA/COMBO CHOICE D4&D800 or........

Depends on what kind of shooter you are - if you are a full time pray and spray shooter - forget the D800 - too much of a bottle neck in the backend, plus you will be buffer limited. The D4 has a buffer unlike any other camera I have shot with before. But even the D3s has a pretty deep buffer.

If you are old school film guy - 36 exposures to a roll of film - get the D800 - best of both worlds, you have the D4 for the pray and spray shots and the D800 for those single fire set-up shots.

Feb 14, 2013 at 12:43 PM
jhelms
• •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · CAMERA/COMBO CHOICE D4&D800 or........

LivLif wrote:
If I had to choose between the two options listed there. I would choose D4/D800. I prefer both bodies to have a similar button layout. Makes moving between the two a lot easier. Downside is now your juggling between three different card formats. Its a pain in the ass. I know because i used to own that combo. Another option would be two D3Ss. That would be cheaper and get the job done.

Totally agree - After going from a dual D3 to dual D3s to now D4/D3s, the different button layout was enough to make me put my D3s up for sale / trade to get a D800 / D800E.

Feb 24, 2013 at 03:53 PM
       end

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.