Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

Archive 2013 · 60d + 100-400L IS will it work?

StillFingerz
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · 60d + 100-400L IS will it work?

GWMT wrote:
I'm new to DSLR and have a 60d, and would like to get a 100-400L IS, will it fit, focus,ect?
What about extension tubes and converters? Or even a 24-70L IS?

Thanx

Hi GWNT,

Lots of 'advice' given so far, I'll add just one suggestion, visit the 'Canon Digital Learning Center', it's FREE and you can learn all things EOS. There are documents and videos that help explain, give you direct how-to advice, etc.

The CDLC is a great resource for beginner to advanced Canon nut case

Here's a link to all things 60D, hope this helps, yes the 100-400 will work on your 60D!
http://www.learn.usa.canon.com/dlc/search/search.spr?keyword=eos+60D

Do enjoy shooting, there's tons of technical stuff to learn, but above all have fun
Jerry

Feb 13, 2013 at 01:52 PM
GWMT

p.3 #2 · p.3 #2 · 60d + 100-400L IS will it work?

Thank You, for all the information.

Feb 15, 2013 at 12:49 AM
TeamSpeed
• • •
p.3 #3 · p.3 #3 · 60d + 100-400L IS will it work?

Paul Mo wrote:
So a 100-400 on a 60D is still a 100-400?

It seems everyone has already corrected you, but I put this together to describe to someone else, and I think it is right and shows the situation. The projected image from a 100mm on any format is the same size inside the shutter box, just less of that image gets recorded on an APS-C vs FF. So basically your FOV is all that is changed by the crop sensor cropping that image for you.

You can crop a FF down to the same FOV as the APS-C and the only question that remains at that point then is how much more the APS-C gives you to work with resolution wise and detail wise. For example a cropped 5D2 yields the identical image you would get on a 20D/30D at pixel level, because both sensors have the same pixel pitch. This is why if Canon comes out with a good IQ 46mpx FF body, it will just about kill the current APS-C line for many, because cropping it would yield the same image with the same basic resolution.

If this image is wrong, I fully expect to be corrected in short order!

Feb 17, 2013 at 02:36 AM
1       2      
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password