Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · San Francisco Pano - C&C please!

waylee

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · San Francisco Pano - C&C please!

Hello!

I recently took this 9 shot panorama of San Francisco from the Marin Headlands. I think something about this photo is "missing" and I can't quite put my finger on it.

Any input/comment/ opinion would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks for looking!

Waymond

[/image]

Feb 11, 2013 at 10:08 PM
evillemperor

p.1 #2 · San Francisco Pano - C&C please!

I like it, but I agree, there is something missing. Maybe you should've zoomed in more for the bridge.

Feb 12, 2013 at 01:06 AM
cgardner
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · San Francisco Pano - C&C please!

Photos like this with a strong horizontal linear leading line tend to ping - pong the eye back and forth and the commute gets tiresome. Solutions to consider next time are to find a POV that puts bridge at diagonal with an interesting contrasting focal point detail at the background end, or a POV where the bridge frames a focal point like bookends. The city here is too far away to make it a compelling focal point.

Foreground makes balance bottom heavy. I'd crop just above the hill in the middle. That makes the city bigger relative to total size of photo and a stronger focal point.

Feb 12, 2013 at 03:02 AM
AuntiPode
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · San Francisco Pano - C&C please!

You might give it a hair less than a degree of CW rotation and add some yellow to the shadows. It's also slightly unfortunate the tops of the bridge towers meet background lines. A slightly higher position would have separate them. Still, small potatoes as suggestions go.

Feb 12, 2013 at 03:23 AM
itchhhh

p.1 #5 · San Francisco Pano - C&C please!

A beautiful scene for sure that makes me wish I was there to experiece it. This said, I think you're too far back. Perhaps zooming in while cropping out the negative space on the far right and the immediate foreground would make for a stronger composition? With nine shot contained within this panorama , you should have plenty of pixils to crop.

Feb 12, 2013 at 04:31 PM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password