Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

Archive 2013 · Can one shoot ABB at 8mm FL

PetKal
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · Can one shoot ABB at 8mm FL

Jess, 8-15L is a real fun lens......I think you'd like it.

Feb 12, 2013 at 12:09 PM
Snopchenko
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #2 · p.3 #2 · Can one shoot ABB at 8mm FL

PetKal wrote:
The dust cap "attaches", to use that expression very loosely (sic.), to the hood in a random manner: sometimes it latches, sometimes it falls off by itself. However, one can not attach the cap in any way onto the hoodless lens. Therefore, it looks like the hood's main purpose is to "hold" the cap (here and there, that is).
This decidedly Rube Goldberg type of hood/cap design doesn't really speak well of Canon engineering.

Your solution:

Speaking OT though: I've seen (on FM, where else) a photo of a bee in flight done at 8mm (though with the Sigma 8-16mm lens, not this FE), so why not an ABB.

Feb 12, 2013 at 12:58 PM
PetKal
• • • • • • •
p.3 #3 · p.3 #3 · Can one shoot ABB at 8mm FL

Here's a little feasibility shot with handheld 8-15L @ 8mm....as easy as eating a square pie.
The displayed IQ doesn't do justice to the lens because of wretched light and having to use 7D at ISO 3200, however, you'll get the idea.

Petkal aka Ultrawidephotomaster previously known as Supertelephotomaster (-: (-:

Edited on Feb 13, 2013 at 10:36 AM · View previous versions

Feb 12, 2013 at 06:10 PM
FStrikwerda

p.3 #4 · p.3 #4 · Can one shoot ABB at 8mm FL

Amazing picture!

Feb 12, 2013 at 06:35 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

PetKal
• • • • • • •
p.3 #5 · p.3 #5 · Can one shoot ABB at 8mm FL

Thanx, we've got many more....just in case some expert should say it's a "lucky shot".

The same conditions: 8mm FE, ISO 3200 with 7D.

Edited on Feb 13, 2013 at 10:35 AM · View previous versions

Feb 12, 2013 at 07:14 PM
burningheart
• • • •
p.3 #6 · p.3 #6 · Can one shoot ABB at 8mm FL

Lucky Shot, you are using a cropper, you need to use Full Frame and untrained piguns.

Seriously Well done Peter.

I went to morning mass andI guess I didn't pray hard enough, the pesky critters wouldn't let me get close up and personal. Here is the best I was able to do 5D MKII.

100% crop

100% Crop

Need to work on creeping up and getting real close and forego the darkside and control the force for good ABB like you did Master Peter.

Feb 12, 2013 at 07:59 PM
PetKal
• • • • • • •
p.3 #7 · p.3 #7 · Can one shoot ABB at 8mm FL

Fine shooting, Robert. With time, them ducks will let you approach a few feet more.

There are a few reasons for wanting or needing to use a cropper, 7D in this case.
One of them was in the increased ability to crop higher density files. Alas, by the time I got to the theatre of operation, the skies turn cloudy. Now I had to shoot at ISO 3200, and the use of 7D became counterproductive, because at higher ISO values 7D has a pi$$ poor "reach". Thus I ended up with moderate crop enlargements and poor IQ. That's what 7D is about, and it shows time and time again.

Feb 12, 2013 at 08:30 PM
ashley138
• • • •
p.3 #8 · p.3 #8 · Can one shoot ABB at 8mm FL

Enjoyed all of these shots guys!! Very nice pigeon work Petkal. How are you getting them THAT close in that pose? Balancing bread crumbs on your nose perhaps?

Feb 12, 2013 at 09:32 PM
1       2      
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password