Upload & Sell: On
| p.2 #9 · Can one shoot ABB at 8mm FL |
Let us start with the material comments:
(1) Without the hood/cap, the lens(e) feels fairly solid, thick and dense in hand, no rattles.
(2) The zoom/MF rings are fairly smooth, snug and silent now. Alas, with Canon plastic barrel lenses of this type, that doesn't last very long. Typically within a year or two the rings become loose a bit, and they develop a squeal often.
(3) The barrel shell seems to be thicker than in 100L.....it doesn't have that (hollow) styrofoam cup feel to it.
(4) The removable hood is kinda OK, except it vignettes insanely, so it better be kept off.....I do not even know why they bothered with it.
(5) The dust cap "attaches", to use that expression very loosely (sic.), to the hood in a random manner: sometimes it latches, sometimes it falls off by itself. However, one can not attach the cap in any way onto the hoodless lens. Therefore, it looks like the hood's main purpose is to "hold" the cap (here and there, that is).
This decidedly Rube Goldberg type of hood/cap design doesn't really speak well of Canon engineering.
Edited on Feb 12, 2013 at 02:37 AM · View previous versions