Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Prairie snow

Mattcubus

Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Prairie snow

Hey guys,
First time posting in the forums and I wanted to put up a picture I grabbed while in Saskatchewan. this one is actually taken while the vehicle is moving but i thought it was a neat capture and wanted your opinion(S)
Cheers!

Feb 11, 2013 at 04:38 PM
Bsmooth
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Prairie snow

The blue and white work well together, I like it, but it probably could have been a bit crisper If you took it while still. I really like that shade of blue, its a bit unusual.

Feb 11, 2013 at 05:25 PM
cgardner
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Prairie snow

Interest is in foreground pattern of grass. I'd crop out most of the sky where it gets lighter leaving a narrow dark blue sky. The crop will give it a more panoramic feel.

In would "read" better as snow if more neutral white.

Feb 12, 2013 at 03:07 AM
AuntiPode
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Prairie snow

Perhaps more sky to increase the sense of vast, reduce the cyan in the sky, add some blue, bump mid-tone contrast and add a little sharpening?

Feb 12, 2013 at 03:33 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Mattcubus

p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Prairie snow

Thanks for the input! It was touched up in lr4, but after seeing antipode changes.. wow, so much better. No doubt you used Photoshop, a program I'm still not proficient at using. any chance you could point me in the direction as to the steps you took to at least lower the level of cyan in the sky?
thanks again!

Feb 12, 2013 at 04:27 PM
RustyBug
• • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Prairie snow

Went a different direction with it ...

I'm diggin' the contrasting hues in the sky vs. grasses, as well as the highlight vs. shadows with the neutral snow. Interesting form as well.

Showing uncropped and pano crop ... I think I prefer the expanse of the sky in the uncropped to add to the spaciousness of the region. Nice eye to grab to this on the fly.

Feb 12, 2013 at 05:41 PM
AuntiPode
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Prairie snow

Here are the color balance changes I suggested. The addition of red to the mid-tones removed the cyan from the sky. The addition of blue to mid-tones and highlights cooled the image as a whole, increasing the sense of coldness.

Feb 12, 2013 at 08:28 PM
Mattcubus

p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Prairie snow

this is amazing, antipode and rusty, I like both your versions
thank you for the comments and the help!
Matt

Edit:
Tried out your tips and got it to a point where its almost close.

Feb 12, 2013 at 09:16 PM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password