Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Nature & Wildlife Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2013 · Eagle Day Two and Marsh in Spring Bloom

CDaescher
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Eagle Day Two and Marsh in Spring Bloom

Birdie, you really nailed #5. Great shot.
I also like the last one a lot. My suggestion would be get physically closer in there and shoot wider.
Chris

Feb 11, 2013 at 09:00 PM
Jude Perera
• • • • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Eagle Day Two and Marsh in Spring Bloom

Hi Birdie, I like the flyover shot best. Very nice captures of the surrounding too.

Feb 11, 2013 at 11:32 PM
Charlie Shugart
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Eagle Day Two and Marsh in Spring Bloom

Good set, Birdie.
And your fly-over eagle shot is super!
Charlie

Feb 12, 2013 at 03:14 AM
Conrad Tan
• • • • • • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Eagle Day Two and Marsh in Spring Bloom

Roberta, please be careful when out and about by yourself in these places. Trust me I know how dangerous this could be! You have the opposite situation I do. Wherever I go, there are 12 photogs and no fishermen or retriever trainers! I'm glad you got some cool shots of this juvi!

Feb 12, 2013 at 05:10 PM
birdied
• • • • • • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Eagle Day Two and Marsh in Spring Bloom

Nice set Birdie. #3 is a beauty.
David

David, thank you so much.

#3 looks great and #2 reminds me of pole vaulting

I like the dichotomy of color and "life" in the last between the bare, dark trees and colorful wild flowers.

Thank you, glad you liked them.

#3 and 5 for me. Nice IF and a super marsh image. Well done Birdie.

Thank you very much Ken !!

How I wish springtime was upon us here. Congrats on the eagles and to be a solitary photographer is icing on the cake. I cherish days like those which are few and far between. Funny how you find new places that were under your nose for all along. Enjoy the tranquility while it lasts.
Eric

Thank you Eric. It is amazing what is around, when you take the time to look and explore !

I like the last pic. Colorful but spooky

Be glad there are no hordes around.

It is really spooky when the sun is going down !

Very lovely to look at Birdie.
John

Thank you very much John!

Love the marsh photos, Birdie! You made the best of the gray skies in those BE shots, too!

Much appreciated. I do hope I have the opportunity to see them when the skies are blue

A very nice set Birdie. 3 is my pick too, but I also like the last shot ~ Ron

Thanks Ron, I appreciate it.

#3 for me also Roberta... i wish there were signs of spring here in NS

Here's hoping that spring comes soon for you

Doing very good, Birdie
3 and 5 are my favorites
Socrate

Thank you Socrate. I just keep trying

Very nice set.

Love the bird on the stick!!

Is the last one HDR?

Thanks for sharing.

Thank you. No HDR just some selective use of highlights and shadows in post.

Great set, Birdie. I really like #2,3 and the mysterious place in the last one. Thanks for sharing.

- Tam

Thanks so much Tam. They don't hold a candle to your eagle shots, but they wonderful to see aren't they.

#2 is excellent. Love the marsh, and I'm jealous with all our recent snow!! Don

Thanks so much Don. Don't be jealous, pretty soon we will be in the nineties with high humidity

These are excellent. I shot my first hawk and another eagle yesterday and they were far...look like tiny crows flying around.

Thank you ! I do know about those far away shots , but hey at least we are out and get to see them .

You will get your Eagle shots Good efforts pay good dividends Birdie

I like the last shot a lot
#5 I think changing your angle lower to this singled out flower would have isolated it better and offered more creativity in the shot..........just my thoughts........

Have fun and you are likely to have an Eagle in very close in your 'near' future
Karl

Oh, I do hope you are right Karl. I hope persistence will pay off I'm nothing if not persistent . I agree about a lower angle . Don't know why I didn't do that .

Love the last shot. Being the only person around is what I call a bonus. Nothing I like better than hearing only the sounds of Nature without traffic noise or people yapping. I recently sat in a blind for 4 hours and only one eagle appeared. Just as he landed, loud voices could be heard from a couple of hikers and scared the eagle off before I could get a single shot.

Tony

Thanks Tony ! Sorry about the noisy hikers , that must have been a bit frustrating. I do enjoy hearing the wind blowing and the birds singing. Nothing like it.

Lovely set Roberta - - # 3 all the way

Lil

Thank you so much Lil!

Great set Roberta. That is a beautiful place!
Jim

Thank you Jim, much appreciated.

Looks like you're doing good with the eagles, Birdie. I like the last landscape; good color and exposure. It is an inviting image. You mention a desire to get better at showing these beautiful places-like everything else it takes practice as I'm sure you know. A good habit when heading out to shoot birds is to leave early and take advantage of the landscapes in a variety of light conditions. You can shoot the land long before there is enough light for birds.

Wayne

Thank you so much Wayne. Really appreciate the input and suggestions, will certainly try it.

Birdie

Feb 13, 2013 at 12:26 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

oldrattler
• • • • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Eagle Day Two and Marsh in Spring Bloom

KCollett wrote:
#3 and 5 for me. Nice IF and a super marsh image. Well done Birdie.

Nice work..

Feb 13, 2013 at 12:33 PM
cohenfive
• • • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · Eagle Day Two and Marsh in Spring Bloom

These are great, and I think all of us can appreciate that you have to take the light that the conditions give you. They can't all be 'bluebird' days, especially in winter when these birds are most active. Also consider yourself lucky to have spots like this where there aren't a lot of other people around...that must make it even more special. Thanks for sharing .

Feb 13, 2013 at 04:40 PM
Howard Kearley
• • • • •
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · Eagle Day Two and Marsh in Spring Bloom

I like days like this too.
Well caught on the Eagles

Howard

Feb 14, 2013 at 09:52 PM
KirkB
• • • • • •
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · Eagle Day Two and Marsh in Spring Bloom

#1 looks like prime hunting area for the Harriers and BEs, hopefully you'll get some close opportunities soon Birdie,
Good job with the crummy light, #3 is a very nice flyover shot.
Beautiful spring color in the marsh, I hope you'll keep posting more shots of it over the next couple of months.

Kirk

Feb 14, 2013 at 10:05 PM
       end

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password