Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Anyone sell calendars to clients?

mrhoni
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Anyone sell calendars to clients?

If you create calendars for clients, how much do you sell them for and how often does a client purchase them?

Most of my photo sessions are pet photography and pet calendars are popular, but again buying a generic calendar is inexpensive. I give out Best Of Year pet calendars to local businesses as advertising and have sold a couple at cost to friends.

I saw one person's web site where they were pricing for $300. Hard to believe a customer would pay that for a calendar. I suspect most people think of calendars costing towards $20.

If the client were to have purchased 12 prints at 11x14, that would have cost them a pretty penny.

If I have already edited and processed the photos that would be used in the calendar, then the extra work for the calendar itself is minimal, but I do wonder what people pay for calendars using photos from a session.

Your thoughts and experiences appreciated.

Feb 10, 2013 at 07:19 PM
quadmama
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · Anyone sell calendars to clients?

I sell mine for $70 first copy and $45 for each additional. This is for sports events. I have templates set up and can have anywhere from 13-30 pictures. Are you planning on selling in bulk to everyone or special made per customer? Mine are per customer.

Feb 13, 2013 at 01:17 PM
mrhoni
• •
p.1 #3 · Anyone sell calendars to clients?

Question was regarding selling to individual client using photos from the shoot.

Separately I created a calendar of best dog photos from the year. This one I printed copies to give to businesses for advertising myself, but a few I sold at cost to some friends.

I hadn't thought about how to sell in bulk and didn't think a stranger would pay even $30 since there are plenty of cheaper dog calendars to purchase.

Feb 13, 2013 at 03:57 PM
Corojo
• • •
p.1 #4 · Anyone sell calendars to clients?

What Lab source are you guys using? We want to add calendars this year to our children/infant line of products. Any help appreciated. thanks, Ed K

Feb 14, 2013 at 04:23 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

mrhoni
• •
p.1 #5 · Anyone sell calendars to clients?

I use iPhoto for the creation of my calendars and have Apple create them. It is $19.99 per calendar. They charge tax and then $5.99 shipping. I found that I ordered 10 calendars and the total was still $5.99 shipping.
Calendar sizes are about 10x13. I'm very happy with the quality.

I have my Smugmug setup to use Bay Photo for printing but have not investigated how their calendar creation process works or cost.

Feb 14, 2013 at 05:43 PM
Dustin Gent
• • • •
p.1 #6 · Anyone sell calendars to clients?

A lady at my work has a calendar made from Apple. They are spiral bound and the card stock is a bit thick for my taste. They also have the apple logo on the back as well... I have heard their books are amazing, though

Feb 14, 2013 at 06:57 PM
mrhoni
• •
p.1 #7 · Anyone sell calendars to clients?

Apple logo can be removed during design. I actually have my own logo for the back.

Feb 14, 2013 at 09:03 PM
jefferies1
• • • •
p.1 #8 · Anyone sell calendars to clients?

Marathon press made calendars in the past.I know they are pushing boutique studio work today so check the site to see if it is still an option. They were very low cost for a small run. I did some for a couple different clients. Assuming you have 12 landscape spread images already sold then turning into a calendar is easy and only takes a few minutes. I think they allow you to start on months other than January for year round sales.

Feb 18, 2013 at 11:58 PM

FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password