Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2013 · Do you know a lighter solid tripod at relatively equal co...

Lars Johnsson
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Do you know a lighter solid tripod at relatively equal cost to this one?

uscmatt99 wrote:
That CT-3332S Rapid looks nice. I wonder what size head will fit to allow the most compact folded position. I use the CT-3441T rapid right now, but could easily get by with a shorter pod most of the time, especially using a mirrorless camera with a flip up LCD.

Where did you see it I could not find it on the Feisol website

Feb 13, 2013 at 03:33 AM
uscmatt99
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Do you know a lighter solid tripod at relatively equal cost to this one?

Ask and you shall receive

http://www.globaltechcommerce.co.uk/feisoluk/72-ct-3332s-ultra-traveller.html

Feb 13, 2013 at 12:13 PM
Lars Johnsson
• • • • • • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Do you know a lighter solid tripod at relatively equal cost to this one?

uscmatt99 wrote:
Ask and you shall receive

http://www.globaltechcommerce.co.uk/feisoluk/72-ct-3332s-ultra-traveller.html

Thanks

Feb 13, 2013 at 01:16 PM
Lars Johnsson
• • • • • • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Do you know a lighter solid tripod at relatively equal cost to this one?

I don't think the spec looks good on the new CT-3332S tripod compared to the CT 3441S tripod.

It's 200 gr lighter. And 3 cm shorter when folded. But it's only 97 cm without center column and 135 cm with extended column in height. That's very short compared to the other that is 128 cm & 178 cm

Feb 13, 2013 at 01:25 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

15Bit
• • • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Do you know a lighter solid tripod at relatively equal cost to this one?

Another vote for Feisol - my 3442 is extremely light, tall and more than good enough.

I used to have a cheap manfrotto from the "digi" range, that also weighed sod all. The QR head it came with had "blueberry muffin" performance also, but i ripped it off and replaced it with a proper ball head and it was actually ok as a tripod setup for low weight setups in calm conditions. It was nothing like the stability of the Feisol though.

Feb 13, 2013 at 01:58 PM
uscmatt99
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Do you know a lighter solid tripod at relatively equal cost to this one?

Lars Johnsson wrote:
I don't think the spec looks good on the new CT-3332S tripod compared to the CT 3441S tripod.

It's 200 gr lighter. And 3 cm shorter when folded. But it's only 97 cm without center column and 135 cm with extended column in height. That's very short compared to the other that is 128 cm & 178 cm

You're right Lars, hard to make an argument for it compared to the 3441S. Additionally, the top tube diameter is only 24mm, not 28mm. It could still make sense for me, as it's 8cm shorter than the 3441T, though it is a LOT shorter without the center column extended. CT-3332S plus a Photoclam PC-30 is 1095 gr, CT-3441T plus my Photoclam Pro Gold II is 1477 gr. I think it would be great for a mirrorless compact system camera as they are marketing it, but I wouldn't want to use it frequently with a DSLR for a variety of reasons.

Feb 13, 2013 at 02:54 PM
ATPphoto

p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · Do you know a lighter solid tripod at relatively equal cost to this one?

Look into Triopo tripods, specifically the 3228 model.
http://www.linkdelight.com/K9T-Triopo-Carbon-Fiber-Tripod-GT-3228X8.C-4-Section-w/-B-2-BallHead.html

I've had one for over a year, used it with 4x5 field camera and 5DII, and it has been very steady.
Not the best build quality, but everything works and it does what it's supposed to do very well.

Feb 14, 2013 at 03:08 AM
       end

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password