Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

Archive 2013 · Surface Pro and DPP tethered shooting

RobDickinson
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #1 · Surface Pro and DPP tethered shooting

Theres always the xps 12?

Someone here has one and its good but I' not convinced about the robustness of the screen hinge/housing.

Feb 12, 2013 at 10:54 PM
StillFingerz
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #2 · Surface Pro and DPP tethered shooting

RobDickinson wrote:

Someone here has one and its good but I' not convinced about the robustness of the screen hinge/housing.

The xps looks really interesting, and agree about the hinge/housing, a different design, kinda cool concept tho.

As a developer, I've always had good luck with Dell's Latitude laptops, have a e6500 that I'm using atm. Their new 'Latitude 6430u Ultrabook' has caught my eye...photography is my hobby, programming my profession, my leanings for a tablet tend to be more for entertainment purposes, have a Kindle Fire and Nexus 7 to manage that tech want...a Nexus 10 may be in the mix, it's screen res is insane, really sweet for viewing images on the fly, much like the new iPads.

An Ultrabook is a bit more expensive and usable, the Surface has it's uniqueness, this is a tough call, practical vs cool. In the end, may just get one of each, like we do with lenses

Feb 12, 2013 at 11:51 PM
RobDickinson
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #3 · Surface Pro and DPP tethered shooting

Lenovo have a new toy coming out soon too, a convertible/tablet/ultratablet/ultrabook. Looks funky.

Not that I have been looking...

Feb 13, 2013 at 12:12 AM
garyvot
• • • •
p.3 #4 · Surface Pro and DPP tethered shooting

RobDickinson wrote:

Played with one at a Microsoft Store recently. Beyond the cool hybrid thing, it struck me as having one of the best notebook keyboards I've typed on. The screen (full 1080p) was beautiful as well.

That said, I bought a Surface Pro for my son who just entered high school this year to replace his 5-year old hand-me-down laptop, and it is freaking awesome.

Feb 14, 2013 at 02:02 AM
Pixel Perfect
• • • • • •
p.3 #5 · Surface Pro and DPP tethered shooting

The trouble with of most of these small Ultrabooks is the screens even if HD, still are low quality, low gamut, low colour accuracy 6 bit panels, far from ideal for photowork. And even Dell which used to have a great XPS 15 ideal for photowork, have now retreated to vastly inferior panels for their latest Ivy Bridge XPS 15, but of course price is the same or higher than with Sandy Bridge.

Feb 14, 2013 at 02:42 AM
1       2      
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password