Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

3       4       end

Archive 2013 · How many camera bags do you have?

jcolwell
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · How many camera bags do you have?

PetKal wrote:
Having a name like that, you better not travel to French speaking countries, and if you do, a good sense of humour would be helpful.

It's made in Montreal.

Feb 09, 2013 at 02:37 PM
dolina
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · How many camera bags do you have?

5 - Think Tank Photo
3 - LowePro
2 - Crumpler
1 - Pelican
4 - Vanguard
1 - Sony
1 - Canon

That's all that I can remember at the moment.

Feb 09, 2013 at 02:37 PM
Larate
• •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · How many camera bags do you have?

Got a lot of bags and most of them were of little use. Because when Itried them in store, they felt good but after a one-day use, they felt miserably.
Except the Kata 3N1 but it is now too short and the Retrospective which is the one I've utilised the most (although not so easy when hicking).
Very disappointed by the Streetwalker and other pieces from the same brand (except the Retrospective collection as I said before).
My next one ? Well I'm tempted to try the Bataflae from Gura. Hoping that would be my very bag !

Larate

@PetKal
Oh a Cocotte is also a very useful cooking tool that have helped many families for years. But you're right, telling to someone s/he smells Cocotte is definitely not a compliment (especially for male since Cocotte is rather a cheap female perfume). Finally, Cocotte is also the informal name of the hen.
Well, these are some of the meanings for Cocotte at least in France

Feb 09, 2013 at 02:48 PM
PetKal
• • • • • • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · How many camera bags do you have?

Thank you, Larate, you have just broadened my knowledge of French which will undoubtedly make me a better Canadian.

Feb 09, 2013 at 03:00 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · How many camera bags do you have?

Cocotte also means "pine cone". Here's the Cocotte logo.

Feb 09, 2013 at 03:36 PM
Tapeman
• • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · How many camera bags do you have?

One to match each pair of my shoes, of course.

Feb 09, 2013 at 03:38 PM
PetKal
• • • • • • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · How many camera bags do you have?

jcolwell wrote:
Cocotte also means "pine cone". Here's the Cocotte logo.

I don't know, JIm ....if I were you, I'd probably pen in a minor lettering change in the brand name of that bag to "coquette".

Feb 09, 2013 at 03:57 PM
Gunzorro
• • • • •
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · How many camera bags do you have?

I remember, reading all the responses, that I don't have any backpacks or messenger bags. All mine are big, bulky super-protectors with AW cover.

The last bag I bought was out of that pattern: Lowepro Inverse 200 AW, a beltpack that has added loops for a couple of their Sliplock System attachments (got an extra lens case on there). Seems good, and might try it in Yosemite next month.

A messenger bag might be next. So I'm reading your choices with interest.

Feb 09, 2013 at 03:58 PM
Jeff Nolten
• • •
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · How many camera bags do you have?

Most of my gears live in a rolling Pelican 1510 except for my main/overflow 5D# +24-105 which lives in a Tenba single body case hanging on my bookcase. For air travel I have a Lowepro DryZone 100 (2 bodies + 4 lenses) and a Lowepro Fastpack 250 side loader which I've modified to hold a body + 100-400 for easy access + 2 more lenses. Works pretty well as a weekender since it has a slot for my iPad.

The problem with most dedicated camera packs is they either don't carry weight well or don't carry extra gear. Years ago I made a simple camera insert that holds a body and 3 lenses, including the 100-400, and has traveled in maybe half a dozen different packs depending on what else is going on. I've used this in full on backpacks for multi night hiking trips to a 1 lb. REI flash pack for small airlines. It also fits in a modest size dry bag in the REI Flash for boat trips. I keep looking but I can't seem to do better. It also keeps me disciplined on how much gear I carry.

I'm currently evaluating two sizes of Osprey Manta and a Kelty Redwing for an upcoming Himalaya trip. So the insert will trade between the winner and the REI depending on whether I'm hiking or flying. There is some river rafting too, so it'll spend some time in the dry bag.

Feb 09, 2013 at 04:24 PM
Beni
• • • • •
p.2 #10 · p.2 #10 · How many camera bags do you have?

Everyday Crumpler shoulder bag that fits a camera with 50mm and another lens.

Thinktank UD60 for travel or jobs.

Calumet roller (Lowepro rip off I think) for when I want to take it all.

Feb 09, 2013 at 04:38 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Gochugogi
• • • • •
p.2 #11 · p.2 #11 · How many camera bags do you have?

I have Thinktank Retrospective in 3 sizes; Crumpler in 3 sizes, one Billingham, one Domke, one Lowepro and Timbuk2 in two sizses. It's nice to have a choice and use the bag that best fits the amount of gear you're carrying and your style mood.

The Retrospective and Crumpler designs are the easiest to work out of and are great for travel due to the many pockets and comfy straps/shoulder pads. The Domke is rustic and cool but not nearly as practical, suffering a serious lack of pockets and shoulder pad. The Billingham is beautiful, ultra soft inside but an otherwise rather spartan design like the Domke. The Timbuk2 sucks with their insert but is great with a Crumpler Haven insert. I actually carry the Timbuk2 the most since it goes with me to work and contains both my lunch and camera. Plus the cross strap keeps it from falling off when you run or bike.

Feb 09, 2013 at 05:03 PM
Vancouver47
• •
p.2 #12 · p.2 #12 · How many camera bags do you have?

Thinktank Airport International 2.0 - 300mm f/2,8, 2 pro bodies 3 assorted lenses & accessories
Thinktank Airport - 600f/4 II etc
Tamerac ?? Backpack - 2 bodies, 3 lenses & accessories

Feb 09, 2013 at 05:37 PM
SteveP
• •
p.2 #13 · p.2 #13 · How many camera bags do you have?

2 - Lowepro Nature Trekkers (mainly to store equipment)
2 - Lowepro Mini Trekkers (most often used in the field)
1 - Gura Gear 30L for medium format
2 - Pelican waterproof cases for my canoe trips
1 - Lowepro Nova 200 shoulder bag, formerly for a Hasselblad 501cm, now waiting for a 4/3 or m4/3.
1 - unknown brand on wheels for airline flights, which I avoid as much as possible.

Feb 09, 2013 at 06:06 PM
RileyJoseph
• •
p.2 #14 · p.2 #14 · How many camera bags do you have?

I have been in pursuit for the perfect bag or years.. started with a cheap sling bag.. then bought a TT Urban Disguise 40.. then a Crumpler Sinking Barge Deluxe that I never used.. then tried a Dakine Sequence that I sold.. then a TT Retro 5 that I returned.. then a TT Retro 7. Now I bought a new Dakine Sequence..
And now I want a TT Airport Airstream and a TT Shape Shifter.

First world problems.

Feb 09, 2013 at 06:49 PM
ggreene
• • • •
p.2 #15 · p.2 #15 · How many camera bags do you have?

One LowePro Stealth Reporter 500 that has served me well for years.

Feb 09, 2013 at 07:37 PM
spdntrxi
• •
p.2 #16 · p.2 #16 · How many camera bags do you have?

ThinkTank :
Retrospective 5
Urban Disquise 50
Belt system.. bunk of stuff.speed demon, etc
Airport Ultralight
Glass Taxi

Domke f2 Canvas

Gura Gear :
30L
22L

Lowepro Dryzone 200

Feb 09, 2013 at 08:06 PM
robstein
• • •
p.2 #17 · p.2 #17 · How many camera bags do you have?

I'm not going to comment because I don't have no problem and I don't believe you all when you imply I might; but the answer is NOT 1 or close okay

"Best" solder bag - Crumpler - Six Million Dollar Home [If you don't mind the loud opening from the velcro]
"Best" Backpack - Fstop - Loka [once you get over the staggering price and crap inserts]
"Best" Small - Domke - F3x
"Best" Hard case - well that obvious....... You see my issue right?

Feb 09, 2013 at 08:31 PM
mogud
• • •
p.2 #18 · p.2 #18 · How many camera bags do you have?

I have waaay too many camera/lens bags(29 at last count). As a result, I've taken the first step to control this problem and enrolled in "Camera Bags Annonymous"(CBA). The first meeting is Monday night. Wish me well.

Feb 09, 2013 at 09:20 PM
PetKal
• • • • • • •
p.2 #19 · p.2 #19 · How many camera bags do you have?

mogud wrote:
I have waaay too many camera/lens bags( 29 at last count). As a result, I've taken the first step to control this problem and enrolled in "Camera Bags Annonymous"(CBA). The first meeting is Monday night. Wish me well.

I certainly wish you well, my friend, however, I think you have let your affliction go too far.
Twnty nine bags.

Feb 09, 2013 at 09:30 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
p.2 #20 · p.2 #20 · How many camera bags do you have?

mogud wrote:
I have waaay too many camera/lens bags(29 at last count). As a result, I've taken the first step to control this problem and enrolled in "Camera Bags Annonymous"(CBA). The first meeting is Monday night. Wish me well.

Where do you meet? 119 Church St., Toronto?

Lensaholics Anonymous meets every Sunday at 2pm, 420 9th Ave, New York, NY 10001.

Feb 09, 2013 at 09:34 PM
       3       4       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

3       4       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password