Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
3
       4              9       10       end
  

Archive 2013 · Are we over-geared ? (EF lenses)
  
 
Pixel Perfect
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · Are we over-geared ? (EF lenses)


I am a serious L-coholic I'm afraid. Too many gears!


Feb 07, 2013 at 10:37 PM
PetKal
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #2 · p.3 #2 · Are we over-geared ? (EF lenses)


Pixel Perfect wrote:
I am a serious L-coholic I'm afraid. Too many gears!


It's OK, you should upgrade to 500 II in time for your trip.....you have our blessings for that, Pixie.



Feb 07, 2013 at 10:42 PM
sirimiri
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #3 · p.3 #3 · Are we over-geared ? (EF lenses)


sirimiri wrote:
1. Can I include stolen lenses now living on another continent?
...


PetKal wrote:
...(1) Yes. I assume those are lenses stolen from you, and not lenses you stole and sold to someone in South America ?


I broke a window pane...my sister's child was close to death, and we were starving!

It was only an 800mm, serial number 24601!



Feb 07, 2013 at 11:00 PM
PetKal
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #4 · p.3 #4 · Are we over-geared ? (EF lenses)


sirimiri wrote:
I broke a window pane...my sister's child was close to death, and we were starving!

It was only an 800mm, serial number 24601!





Feb 07, 2013 at 11:01 PM
jcolwell
Online
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #5 · p.3 #5 · Are we over-geared ? (EF lenses)


Pixel Perfect wrote:
I am a serious L-coholic I'm afraid. Too many gears!

PetKal wrote:
It's OK, you should upgrade to 500 II in time for your trip.....you have our blessings for that, Pixie.


I wasn't going to say anything... I guess that the high latitude in Iceland is in some way equivalent to high altitude - every few grams reduction in weight are worth a lot of money.



Feb 07, 2013 at 11:04 PM
PetKal
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #6 · p.3 #6 · Are we over-geared ? (EF lenses)


That is interesting, if I took part in the poll, so far I would have been the only one in the "advanced collector" level.


Feb 07, 2013 at 11:08 PM
PetKal
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #7 · p.3 #7 · Are we over-geared ? (EF lenses)


jcolwell wrote:
I wasn't going to say anything... I guess that the high latitude in Iceland is in some way equivalent to high altitude - every few grams reduction in weight are worth a lot of money.



We know it, and Pixie knows it: resistance is futile.



Feb 07, 2013 at 11:10 PM
mpmendenhall
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #8 · p.3 #8 · Are we over-geared ? (EF lenses)


PetKal wrote:
That is interesting, if I took part in the poll, so far I would have been the only one in the "advanced collector" level.


The distribution of answers indicates that the "Point of no return" option is aptly named --- once you head into the "collector" zones, there's no stopping the inevitable slide towards Dementia.



Feb 07, 2013 at 11:11 PM
jcolwell
Online
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #9 · p.3 #9 · Are we over-geared ? (EF lenses)


mpmendenhall wrote:
... there's no stopping the inevitable slide towards Dementia.


Argle bargle morble whoosh!



Feb 07, 2013 at 11:15 PM
PetKal
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #10 · p.3 #10 · Are we over-geared ? (EF lenses)


mpmendenhall wrote:
The distribution of answers indicates that the "Point of no return" option is aptly named --- once you head into the "collector" zones, there's no stopping the inevitable slide towards Dementia.


Yes, that seems to be a disturbing thruth percolating thru the poll results so far.



Feb 07, 2013 at 11:18 PM
 

Search in Used Dept. 



gatorine
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #11 · p.3 #11 · Are we over-geared ? (EF lenses)


Remember that "directions test" you take in Kindergarten/first grade where you're supposed to read ALL the directions FIRST. I didn't do that right then, and I didn't vote properly now. I'm only a Hacker on EF Mount, with the alt lenses I'm at the point of no return. I blame the Alt forum.


Feb 07, 2013 at 11:36 PM
PetKal
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #12 · p.3 #12 · Are we over-geared ? (EF lenses)


gatorine wrote:
Remember that "directions test" you take in Kindergarten/first grade where you're supposed to read ALL the directions FIRST. I didn't do that right then, and I didn't vote properly now. I'm only a Hacker on EF Mount, with the alt lenses I'm at the point of no return. I blame the Alt forum.


That is a safe bet indeed.

I think this discussion would gain momentum and depth if a bona fide pro such as DocsPics would join us.
He has a unique view of the issues by living the sufferer-healer dichotomy.
Based on my modest clinical psychiatry experience, one of many behavioural signs of dementia is when patients begin to play with their feces. Now what would be a photographic equivalent of that sort of behaviour ? Perhaps taking pictures with the lens cap on ?



Feb 07, 2013 at 11:42 PM
Fred Miranda
Offline
Admin
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #13 · p.3 #13 · Are we over-geared ? (EF lenses)


I got 12!
Thanks Peter, I thought I was already in the "Point of no Return!"...
If I buy something, I better sell something!



Feb 07, 2013 at 11:58 PM
Pixel Perfect
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #14 · p.3 #14 · Are we over-geared ? (EF lenses)


PetKal wrote:


It's OK, you should upgrade to 500 II in time for your trip.....you have our blessings for that, Pixie.


Yes, I've already been buttering the wife up for the mk II purchase. Better start advertising the mk I first.



Feb 08, 2013 at 12:04 AM
RobDickinson
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #15 · p.3 #15 · Are we over-geared ? (EF lenses)


I wonder how Roger will vote...


Feb 08, 2013 at 12:06 AM
mark fadely
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #16 · p.3 #16 · Are we over-geared ? (EF lenses)


Fun post Peter! I'm in the 9-12 category but I wish you had phrased it "Know it all, but still doesn't know he/she has dementia" That would be more fitting in my case.


Feb 08, 2013 at 12:09 AM
StillFingerz
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #17 · p.3 #17 · Are we over-geared ? (EF lenses)


Peter...BIFing with a fish-eye, it needs to be done, just to satisfy us loony-lens-lovers


Feb 08, 2013 at 12:10 AM
Chiefdog72
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #18 · p.3 #18 · Are we over-geared ? (EF lenses)


Too many lenses whats that mean;

It's like too much money, theres no such thing;

It's like a girl too pretty, with too much class;

Being too lucky, a car too fast;

No matter what they say I've done, well I ain't never had too many lenses.



Feb 08, 2013 at 12:11 AM
PetKal
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #19 · p.3 #19 · Are we over-geared ? (EF lenses)


Fred Miranda wrote:
I got 12!
Thanks Peter, I thought I was already in the "Point of no Return!"...
If I buy something, I better sell something!


Fred, I think you will not be able to resist 200--400L......that will tip you over and down you shall go.



Feb 08, 2013 at 12:16 AM
PetKal
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #20 · p.3 #20 · Are we over-geared ? (EF lenses)


mark fadely wrote:
Fun post Peter! I'm in the 9-12 category but I wish you had phrased it "Know it all, but still doesn't know he/she has dementia" That would be more fitting in my case.





Feb 08, 2013 at 12:17 AM
1       2      
3
       4              9       10       end




FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
3
       4              9       10       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password