Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2013 · How can you improve?

bensassophotog
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · How can you improve?

These are great answers. It is really interesting to see where everyone is at.

Myself, I am working on creating more intimate ceremony images. Aside from that, I am always working on my client (hate that word) experience. Last year I adopted the motto, "under promise, over deliver" and have been working on living that out. So far, I love it. Not only are my clients happier but I am appreciating what I do more than I ever have.

Feb 07, 2013 at 02:36 AM
D. Diggler
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · How can you improve?

julieawhitlock wrote:
I'm actually working on my physical fitness and nutrition.

I've been on a diet for a couple years now trying to get down to my healthiest weight.
I had been doing pretty good except I had a setback around these past hollidays where I put on eight pounds over a few months, starting with munching on the leftover Halloween trick-or-treat candy. As of today, the scale tells me I've lost six of those eight pounds.

I found a great site for helping me to set my ideal weight goal. It's the Metropolitan Insurance Height and Weight Tables. These tables are for use in determining how much the company would charge someone for life insurance based upon the typical expected lifespan for the applicant based upon their height and weight.

Here are the Tables:

http://www.assessmentpsychology.com/metlife.htm

There are three things to know about the Tables ...

1. You have to measure your elbow to know whether you're small, medium, or large framed.

2. The heights given there are while wearing shoes with one-inch heels, so to find your ideal weight, you have to add one inch to your actual height. So say you're 5'7" barefoot, you would look at the 5'8" line (because that's the height you would be with one inch heels).

3. The weights given are for guys wearing five pounds of clothing and for girls wearing three pounds of clothing. To find out what you are supposed to weigh without clothing, you have to subtract the five or three pounts off the figures that are given for your height with heels. So, say you're a guy who's 5'7" barefoot. You would look at the 5'8" line and then subtract five pounds from those numbers given. Five-foot-seven girls would subtract three pounds.

Feb 07, 2013 at 04:24 AM
weddingshoot

p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · How can you improve?

We should do something creative and unique, which make our work different from others.

Feb 07, 2013 at 06:23 AM
TheGE
• • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · How can you improve?

D. Diggler wrote:
As of today, the scale tells me I've lost six of those eight pounds.

Yes but were those six pounds mostly of fat or lean tissue? That's important. People lose some pounds but it's the body composition which counts because if you're self-cannibalizing your muscle tissue, you become thinner but with a higher percentage of body fat. It's known as being "skinny fat." It's not healthy. What happens is you're losing weight but what's really happening is your body's starving for calories and eating up your protein found in your lean muscle tissue. But if you burn mostly fat and retain muscle tissue, that's healthier, you stay stronger and you look toned.

So percentages of lean tissue to body fat is something to monitor in weight loss.

Feb 07, 2013 at 04:40 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

awad
• •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · How can you improve?

weddingshoot wrote:
We should do something creative and unique, which make our work different from others.

yes.

Feb 07, 2013 at 05:25 PM
micla

p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · How can you improve?

Shoot for people who inspire you or whose style is very different than your own. I find it motivates me to try new things.

I also write down what I did right and what I could work on after every session/wedding. I focus on the 'what I could work on list' the next time I shoot. Keeps me in check.

Feb 07, 2013 at 06:09 PM
jamesmorophoto
• • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · How can you improve?

the biggest improvement i've made in the past few years is to stop 'chasing the perfect moment' and focus on creating interesting compositions. It works far better, especially if your clients aren't models.

See how many different 'layers' you can add to the composition in-camera.

Step back from the up-close portraits and try your hand at seeing what the environment has to offer.

ben chrisman's work is a great example of this.

Feb 07, 2013 at 08:20 PM
D. Diggler
• • • • •
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · How can you improve?

paparazzinick wrote:
You're kidding right?

I'm being serious. There is gear out there that would help me to realize my artistic vision better than my current gear.

Why do you ask if I'm kidding? You're saying all cameras are the same, none offering advantages over others? Say, for example, I was a pro sports shooter and my camera did a max of two frames per second. And say there was a camera out there that did ten frames per second. I'd end up with better magazine-worthy images shooting a baseball player's bat swing at ten frames per second than I would shooting the bat swing at two frames per second.

Feb 08, 2013 at 02:39 AM
       end

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password