Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · where to start .. help

JaneG
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · where to start .. help

Hi

I am a bit out of my depth here, I do photography as a side interest . I get paid for family photoshoots, sell my landscape prints on a small scale and have Open studios and exhibition sales as well.

I have just been approached about a potential job to provide prints for a very very swish singapore hotel that is currently being built. The idea is that I provide prints for 100 rooms. Apparently the owners 'people' are going to contact me to discuss.

Anyone got any pointers on where to start...as I am not used to dealing with work on this kind of scale. I am okay on producing large prints and outsourcing my work as I do that already for large prints for exhibitions and the odd client. but I sell my work essentially to fund my camera gear and expenses to go shooting.

what on earth should be my pricing structure be for this kind of commision, thoughts on edition numbers and exclusivity?

Any imput welcome, of course this could all come to nothing but I don't want to make large errors at the start. I have a family inlaw that is a laywer who is pushing me to go for this deal and is happy to do the legal for free for me, (she is mad about my work and has filled her very large HongKong apartment with my work) .

I'm even a bit reticent about expanding my selling capapcity and spending too much time on the photography as I have a really good career unrelated to phootgraphy that I enjoy already ..so I feel uneasy about things getting out of hand on the photography front. I also appreciate the Tax man is going to get involved too if I sell on this scale.

Best wishes

Jane

Feb 05, 2013 at 12:52 PM
mkchang
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · where to start .. help

According to fotoquote:
Usage: Corporate (Digital and Print), Poster Size/Units/Time: 20x24 Circulation/Market/Time: Up to 100 Region: United States Rights/Exclusivity: One-Time Non-Exclusive License Duration: 1 Year unless otherwise indicated above

That is $913 per image.

Feb 05, 2013 at 04:26 PM
mdude85
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · where to start .. help

Check Shakodo as there are a number of questions about selling large prints in hotel rooms.

www.shakodo.com

Feb 05, 2013 at 05:16 PM

FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password