New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2013 · 70-200 VRI

Rags Hef
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · 70-200 VRI

Thought you might be interested in this thread, from a birder with a 2X EIII TC (BTW, the only aspherical ground TC - for better edges)

http://dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=231462

Rags

Feb 06, 2013 at 05:31 PM
hijazist
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · 70-200 VRI

Rags Hef wrote:
Thought you might be interested in this thread, from a birder with a 2X EIII TC (BTW, the only aspherical ground TC - for better edges)

http://dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=231462

Rags

Thank a lot for the link! That's really incredible work with the 2X, but it also shows the guy's skill This means the TC 20 III something to look into...

Feb 06, 2013 at 06:00 PM
bemyzeke
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · 70-200 VRI

I couldn't get myself to splurge $2200 on a lens that would in many cases (indoor portraits) be at 135mm max. So I went with VR1 when I found a good deal.

I use it for portraits, landscape, and nature. For portraits, I am using it wide open, but the corner sharpness and vignette does not matter. I want that area to be soft. For landscapes, I am stopping down to f/8 and the lens is sharp across the frame (save really extreme corners). As a bonus I can stop down further to f/11 and still get extremely sharp results (better than VR II).

So for me, this lens works perfectly. This is the only lens with which I can repeatedly produce moire on my D800e (because of its sharpness).

Feb 06, 2013 at 08:24 PM
       end

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.