Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · A.S. Try 3 , 4, and 5

SloPhoto
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · A.S. Try 3 , 4, and 5

Yet another A.S. ("Aspiring Second") thread. You can see wedding #2 here http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1153867/0

Just got done shooting my sixth wedding and am starting to see some small improvement. It is time to look back at weddings 3-5 and target a few areas to improve on.

As usual, I am looking to you guys to give me some feedback and drive that improvement. Harsh C&C please!

Wedding 3: (not permitted to post the bride's face) - shooting for DavidCZ
1:

2:

3:

4:

Wedding 4: - shooting for DavidCZ
1:

2:

3:

4:

5:

6:

7:

Wedding 5: - shooting for jamie howell (deepbluejh)
1:

2:

3:

4:

5:

6:

7:

Feb 01, 2013 at 09:54 PM
Scott Mosher
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · A.S. Try 3 , 4, and 5

Well done. I'll critique a little bit later.

Feb 01, 2013 at 10:16 PM
SloPhoto
• • • •
p.1 #3 · A.S. Try 3 , 4, and 5

Scott, I just sent you links to slightly more complete galleries.

If any other long standing members want to give me a bit of a critique, I can send the links over in a PM. I am just limited in what I can post on a public forum.

Feb 01, 2013 at 10:33 PM
nikonftw
• •
p.1 #4 · A.S. Try 3 , 4, and 5

Get closer!

Good stuff.

Next time you second see if you can keep your 35mm glued to your body and get close.

Feb 01, 2013 at 11:45 PM
SloPhoto
• • • •
p.1 #5 · A.S. Try 3 , 4, and 5

nikonftw wrote:
Get closer!

Good stuff.

Next time you second see if you can keep your 35mm glued to your body and get close.

I forced myself to use the 24mm 1.4 for nearly half of the last wedding (#6) and I am liking some of the results. Hopefully I can keep making progress in that area. They still feel a bit detached, but there was improvement in that respect. (I will post #6 for C&C after the primary blogs it)

Feb 02, 2013 at 12:19 AM
JR Magat
• • • •
p.1 #6 · A.S. Try 3 , 4, and 5

I can see the progression, and I think wedding #5 was your strongest one. I feel in some of them you are trying to frame the shots, but maybe too close to the edges (4:3, 4:5, 4:6)

I see no issues in wedding #5 (5:2, 5:5 are great!). I would include all of those for sure, but maybe the cake cutting shot could be closer in; but understandable since you're the 2nd shooter.

Processing wise, your colors/WB are very good and it's very consistent. I think you're well on your way!

Feb 02, 2013 at 01:57 AM
stevez32
• • • •
p.1 #7 · A.S. Try 3 , 4, and 5

Hey I know that guy in 6 for the 2nd wedding

Feb 04, 2013 at 06:35 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

sgtbueno
• •
p.1 #8 · A.S. Try 3 , 4, and 5

easy with the vibrance and saturation

Feb 04, 2013 at 06:45 AM
SloPhoto
• • • •
p.1 #9 · A.S. Try 3 , 4, and 5

JR Magat wrote:
I can see the progression, and I think wedding #5 was your strongest one. I feel in some of them you are trying to frame the shots, but maybe too close to the edges (4:3, 4:5, 4:6)

I see no issues in wedding #5 (5:2, 5:5 are great!). I would include all of those for sure, but maybe the cake cutting shot could be closer in; but understandable since you're the 2nd shooter.

Processing wise, your colors/WB are very good and it's very consistent. I think you're well on your way!

Interesting comments. I have been trying to shoot wider/closer and I did not even notice that when I did place things on the edges I made it quite tight. On quick review, I have done this on a few frames at every wedding so far. Thanks for the input!

sgtbueno wrote:
easy with the vibrance and saturation

Yea, I am having trouble getting robust yet subdued colors. I think it is due to me wanting pop/clean contrast in my skintones and messing with too much other stuff. I am not focused too much on PP right now, but I am definitely trying to make things more subtle each time.

Feb 04, 2013 at 07:50 PM
Tony Hoffer
• • • • •
p.1 #10 · A.S. Try 3 , 4, and 5

Naveed!!

Feb 04, 2013 at 08:05 PM
SloPhoto
• • • •
p.1 #11 · A.S. Try 3 , 4, and 5

Tony Hoffer wrote:
Naveed!!

How do you know Naveed? Did he go to one of your workshops?

Turns out he was a friend of a friend and I had just been sent a link to his work. Unfortunately, I did not recognize him until after the event.

Feb 04, 2013 at 09:24 PM
chris_243
• •
p.1 #12 · A.S. Try 3 , 4, and 5

Naveed!!!

Feb 04, 2013 at 09:32 PM
deepbluejh
• • • • •
p.1 #13 · A.S. Try 3 , 4, and 5

Joe is an excellent second shooter. For anyone in the Bay area looking for a second, I highly recommend him. Thanks again for coming out.

Feb 05, 2013 at 12:14 AM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password