Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3      
       end

Archive 2013 · Man... what happened?

alohadave
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #1 · p.4 #1 · Man... what happened?

Ernie Aubert wrote:
Another take on people not adding details about how they made the photo is one I can relate to: To me it seems a bit presumptuous to assume that viewers are less knowledgeable than I am, and wonder about how I did it. I'm sure that a large majority of FM members are way more advanced than I am. Heck, a lot of you are pros, and I'm just a hobbyist, and just a technician at that, not an artist. I'm happy to answer any question anyone might have, but life has taught me not to behave as if
...Show more

My take on the image info is that lots of people want to see the info, then don't know what to do with it.

If someone asks, I'll tell them, but there aren't magic settings that will allow you to make pictures that look like how I make pictures.

IMO, you are better off learning a technique and style than to try to replicate camera settings. Try looking at the picture and deconstruct it. When I was learning flash, I looked at every single picture I saw and tried to figure out where the light was coming from and how I would do it if I was making the shot.

Feb 01, 2013 at 03:02 PM
NYstyles
• • •
p.4 #2 · p.4 #2 · Man... what happened?

Steady Hand wrote:

Stick around, you might enjoy it and...find a few more trolls to add to your collection too.

Seriously, good to see a NEW member here!

I'll stick around here and there. I like forums. This is not the only one thats dead.

Id upload some pictures but I havent paid yet, not sure I will...

Feb 01, 2013 at 03:03 PM
alohadave
• • •
p.4 #3 · p.4 #3 · Man... what happened?

forreal wrote:
Well, believe what you want, but if it is a good place to hang for folks that already know what they are doing (which are the folks that you need for a good foundation), then you'll see the support. This forum has "steadily" been going downhill for a while. I say cause and effect, you say something else. But it is what it is and good folks are abandoning ship and not being replaced.

Is it really going down hill, or is it changing, or are you changing?

I hear this all the time, and everyone says it on every forum. I've been on a forum since 2001, and people have been saying that it's been going downhill since 1999 when it was started. It has changed, but it can't constantly be going down hill.

Feb 01, 2013 at 03:06 PM
Eyeball
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #4 · p.4 #4 · Man... what happened?

NYstyles wrote:
Id upload some pictures but I havent paid yet, not sure I will...

You do not need to pay to post photos here (although there is certainly nothing wrong with providing additional support to the site as many do). You can host your photos on any number of free sites on the web and link/embed the photos from those sites into your thread here on FM.

Feb 01, 2013 at 03:13 PM

NYstyles
• • •
p.4 #5 · p.4 #5 · Man... what happened?

Eyeball wrote:
You do not need to pay to post photos here (although there is certainly nothing wrong with providing additional support to the site as many do). You can host your photos on any number of free sites on the web and link/embed the photos from those sites into your thread here on FM.

Thanks. I hear ya but all these little things add up and I have to try the forum on a bit longer before I decide. Already have enough overhead costs! ha ha

Duh, Totally forgot about linking with links/code! I have a flickr that I use mainly for that reason. I haven't finished my coffee yet..

Feb 01, 2013 at 03:34 PM
Jim Rickards
• • • • • •
p.4 #6 · p.4 #6 · Man... what happened?

I've been using this forum for a long time (see when I registered off on the left sidebar, cause I forget the date). I haven't paid anything yet.

I pay $23 a year to host my pictures on PBase. Like another poster said, there's free sites and others that ask for a small payment. Don't hold back.

Feb 02, 2013 at 06:18 AM
no_surrender
• • •
p.4 #7 · p.4 #7 · Man... what happened?

I don't contribute images much, but I've been away mostly due to focusing my time on studying for promotion. End of Feb I'll be back to experimenting and posting.

Kevin

Feb 02, 2013 at 11:36 AM
BobnJake
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #8 · p.4 #8 · Man... what happened?

WOW, I must admit that this one "fell thru the crack", I must have just skimmed over the subject line

I see some really great stuff here on FM, I'm always thinking, gee, how was that done? Ron, Steady, I thank you guys for always going the extra mile to help and offer to me, very valuable advice, it is very much appreciated!!

Lisa, thanks for taking the time, for the picture
Thanks, Bob

Feb 03, 2013 at 02:03 PM
1       2       3      
       end

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password