Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2013 · I have a Nikon 50 1.8 G thinking of also buying a 50 1.2 ...

Makten
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · I have a Nikon 50 1.8 G thinking of also buying a 50 1.2 -will i notice a big difference?

Consider the older 55/1.2 also. It's cheaper and sharper wide open than the 50/1.2, and also gives a tad smoother bokeh with less LCA. Contrast is lower though and it can give a warmish cast.
You have to get one with an AI aperture ring (they often come with those) if you're not skilled enough to do it yourself.

Feb 01, 2013 at 12:16 PM
williamkazak
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #2 · I have a Nikon 50 1.8 G thinking of also buying a 50 1.2 -will i notice a big difference?

Interesting discussion. If you like 50mm, then you explore 50mm lenses. I had a 50mm F1.2 Ais but I went to the 50mm F1.8 AFD back when I was shooting Nikon F3 bodies because I liked the quality of the latter. Veiling flare is also present in the 50mm F1.2. Very hard to nail the focus on that lens but it had a great view through the finder because it was brighter. Why not buy from a dealer where you can return it if it is honestly not for you?

Feb 02, 2013 at 03:10 AM
       end

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password