Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2013 · How to make same day wedding slideshows?

That Photog
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · How to make same day wedding slideshows?

I don't know how you can do that. I never have enough time to sit down for 30mins. Maybe at the end during the dancing I could do it but it is too late then. Right when I get to the reception I'm grabbing the rings for the ring shots, taking table decoration pictures and usually the speeches are starting or at least glass clinking.

I agree on not wanting to share unedited pictures. I share a lot during the day with the bride and groom (back of camera) that is enough for them to know that it is all coming together.

Feb 01, 2013 at 04:05 PM
julieawhitlock
• •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · How to make same day wedding slideshows?

That makes me so nervous for you. The things that can happen when you try to work under time constraints like that! Yeesh.

Feb 01, 2013 at 08:46 PM
Colton3310

Account locked
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · How to make same day wedding slideshows?

Thanks all. I made my wedding slideshow with Kvisoft Flash Slideshow Designer

May 09, 2013 at 03:47 AM
jefferies1
• • • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · How to make same day wedding slideshows?

If you have Photoshop CS6 it does have a video function. I would make one using existing images then add the extra shot that day at the end. It would be easier to have someone else help as it takes some time to put together. A slow laptop could take 20-30 minutes longer to render.

May 09, 2013 at 05:28 PM
Nikon_14
• • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · How to make same day wedding slideshows?

Not only do we have all the aforementioned drawbacks for this, but also consider- what if the projector can't handle 36mp files? Whose "fault" is that?

I'm asking this knowing the answer- in the client's eyes, if it something doesn't work, is it ever their fault?

May 09, 2013 at 05:36 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Ian Ivey
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · How to make same day wedding slideshows?

If you do a same-day slideshow, I suggest that you include a line in your contract that it is for display that day only, that the file will remain under your control, and that it is NOT a deliverable, meaning it is only displayed that day and then is destroyed. That way, you don't have unedited photos wandering around.

Honestly, a same-day slideshow doesn't too dramatically dampen the excitement of the reveal (so long as you keep control over it), because
1) you keep the five or ten most dramatic images OUT of that slideshow for reveal later,
2) you edit the images so they're quite different when you reveal them later, and
3) people tend to forget the images but remember the fun they had watching them. The day is a blur to most people anyway, so they just don't have enough space in their brains to record the individual images.

I don't do same-day slideshows very often, but when I do, I use Animoto for this purpose. I import into Lightroom, color-code purple the ones I want to use, filter for purple, and export to 720 px on the short side. Then I upload to Animoto (I've chosen music ahead of time), and click create and upgrade to 720p. You need an internet connection, but those files are reasonably small, so a 4G hotspot works fine. Takes a couple minutes to render, but if it's just a 3-minute song, it doesn't take too long (you can reasonably get about 40 images in a 3-minute song). If you try it, I'm happy if you use animoto promo code flojptkv. But to get 720p, you do have to pay for a pro account -- the basic account only allows 480.

The problem with doing a slideshow is that, no matter what approach you use, it will still require at least 15-20 minutes, and probably a bit longer. You can do something while it uploads, and again while it renders, but there aren't a lot of times during a wedding day when I have that kind of spare time.

May 09, 2013 at 08:21 PM
GCasey
• • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · How to make same day wedding slideshows?

How much time and energy will it take for you to produce a slide show that will show your best work -- editing for length and content, making corrections of all kinds, etc. -- and putting it in a slide show that you and your client can be proud of?

I've shot just a few weddings (still, no video) and it took all of my time and energy to capture the images needed. There was no time to even think about putting together a slide show for viewing at the reception. I also did not want to show my work until I was completely through with the editing process.

Processing images has always taken me at least as much time as taking the photos.

As one of my friends, a gourmet cook, told me, "Running hot water over green beans and calling them cooked is an abomination . . .!" Your photos won't be ready until they are ready.

May 09, 2013 at 08:57 PM
scottam10
• • •
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · How to make same day wedding slideshows?

Even with the timings mentioned by Prettym1k3, you'll still need 45min to do this
(depends how fast you can work)

- do you have that kind of spare time in the wedding day schedule? (or another person who could do this?)

I'd suggest that most of the slideshow is pre-prepared (childhood, e-shoot etc), and you just add a few photos from the 'getting ready' to the end of the show

As Ian says, don't release the slideshow, perhaps you can just run it from a laptop rather than burning a CD.

Personally I'd rather be capturing shots on the day, and take my time over the processing later.

May 09, 2013 at 09:31 PM
ktan7

p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · How to make same day wedding slideshows?

I use magico for my slideshow. Easy to use and put together. Drag and drop.

May 09, 2013 at 10:24 PM
       end

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password