Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Nature & Wildlife Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

3              7       8       end

Archive 2013 · Get Well Conrad

dorian
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · Get Well Conrad

what a bummer, conrad. i hope you feel better. i broke my foot in college and was on crutches for 10 weeks ao i know what a pain in the ass it is. if you need someone to make sure gear doesn't get too dusty, feel free to call me!

dorian

Jan 28, 2013 at 11:34 PM
kewlcanon
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #2 · Get Well Conrad

Hopefully the surgery goes well and you'll be on your feet in no time!.

Jan 28, 2013 at 11:36 PM
gpchase
• • •
p.2 #3 · Get Well Conrad

Get well soon..I/we need your inspiration

Jan 28, 2013 at 11:39 PM
Older Fossil
• • •
p.2 #4 · Get Well Conrad

Wow, I was saddened to hear the bad news. Hope the healing process goes quickly for you.

Art

Jan 28, 2013 at 11:53 PM
Thang
• • • • •
p.2 #5 · Get Well Conrad

Get well soon man! the birds and owls are waiting.

TO the rest of SJ/SF photographers, now is your chance to catch-up with Conrad!

Jan 28, 2013 at 11:54 PM
rprouty
• • • • •
p.2 #6 · Get Well Conrad

Geez, don't know if I can wait six weeks to see more of great pics. Get well soon and get back to shooting.

Rod

Jan 29, 2013 at 12:00 AM
No ANgle
• •
p.2 #7 · Get Well Conrad

That is a bummer. I would go nuts if I couldnt go shoot. I guess photography is more dangerous than I thought.

Hope you will be able to get out there sooner

Jan 29, 2013 at 12:03 AM
Lil Judd
• • • • • •
p.2 #8 · Get Well Conrad

Oh Conrad,

so sorry to hear that. You feel better fast

Get well fast

My thoughts are with you for speedy recovery.

Lil

Jan 29, 2013 at 12:05 AM
dragonmonkey

p.2 #9 · Get Well Conrad

Sorry to hear the bad news - Get well soon Conrad - We need to see more your amazing pix
Ann

Jan 29, 2013 at 12:06 AM
Tim Kuhn
• • • • • • •
p.2 #10 · Get Well Conrad

Yup my heart sank when I got your text, take care of yourself my friend. I wish I could help you heal faster

A bunch of us are pooling our resources to get you some reading material for your recuperation.
http://www.amazon.com/Digital-Photography-Dummies-Lifestyles-Paperback/dp/0470768789/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1359418109&sr=1-1&keywords=photography+for+dummies

Tim

Jan 29, 2013 at 12:09 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

gsmani
• • •
p.2 #11 · Get Well Conrad

sorry to hear. it shall pass and you will be well soon. good wishes for speedy recovery.

Jan 29, 2013 at 12:21 AM
Cincy Bruce
• • • •
p.2 #12 · Get Well Conrad

WTH! I didn't get any text. Hoping you have a speedy recovery.

Bruce

Jan 29, 2013 at 12:25 AM
birdied
• • • • • • •
p.2 #13 · Get Well Conrad

Conrad, so very sorry . Give yourself the gift of time and rest so that you can heal . Know that you are surrounded by warm wishes and prayers. Get well so that you can get back to doing what you so so well

Birdie

Jan 29, 2013 at 12:27 AM
Conrad Tan
• • • • • • •
p.2 #14 · Get Well Conrad

Hello Tim and friends! Thank you so much for all well wishes!!! I really appreciate it! I went this past weekend to Northern Minnesota and Wisconsin to look for Great Grey, Boreal, and Northern Hawk Owls. Well I found them thanks for the help of Mike Lentz! Unfortunately in Sax-Zim Bog and surrounding areas, the temperature was about oh.. -21 degrees average with a high of -2 often This lead to severe numbness at the extremities being from California where I shoot with flip fops 80% of the time, I was not quite prepared for it. Anyway, I was walking in some deep snow through the forest and didn't notice the ground beneath the snow was sloping down. I planted my foot under a log that I didn't see and by the time I fell, my right foot was 180 degrees counter clockwise behind me. The doctor says when the swelling goes down they will operate and put a few screws to fix me up I will be laid up for the next 6 weeks. So if you are so inclined, I am taking donations for RAW files you don't have time to process! I'm out of material and need something to occupy my time!

Thanks again everyone!!!!!!!!!

Jan 29, 2013 at 12:29 AM
Herderdog
• • • • •
p.2 #15 · Get Well Conrad

Oh gads, No wonder you were shooting chickadees today! So sorry, Conrad. Heal up fast!.

Jan 29, 2013 at 01:03 AM
DonGut
• • • • •
p.2 #16 · Get Well Conrad

Sorry to hear this. I'm thinking you must have had a real sruggle to get out of the bush., knowing that you need surgery. I hope all goes well with the "fix"!!! Don

Jan 29, 2013 at 01:12 AM
OwlsEyes
• • • •
p.2 #17 · Get Well Conrad

Hey Conrad...
Sorry to hear that our fair state led to a nasty fall... no doubt it was due to an icy pursuit of an owl of some sort. Next time you're in my neck of the woods let me know and I'll offer some tips for safe winter photography and share some of my secret locations...

Heal fast and regards,
bruce

Jan 29, 2013 at 01:15 AM
sritri
• • • •
p.2 #18 · Get Well Conrad

Get well soon Conrad

Jan 29, 2013 at 01:22 AM
eyelaser
• • • • • •
p.2 #19 · Get Well Conrad

I was picturing you lying there and it is a very scary thought. Good idea to always travel with an ICU nurse Your spirits are amazingly high (as is your head on all the painkillers ) and I know that you will be back in the saddle sooner than later. But over the next six weeks we will see arguably every shot you've taken in the last year...good for us!
Good luck with your surgery and I expect you to post xrays of the leg...an FM first!
Eric

Jan 29, 2013 at 01:29 AM
Conrad Tan
• • • • • • •
p.2 #20 · Get Well Conrad

Thank you everyone! Yes I was in pursuit of Owls... its a dangerous hobby!

Jan 29, 2013 at 01:29 AM

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password