Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3      
       end

Archive 2013 · Used 1DIV Values - Cause & Effect?

jakita33
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #1 · p.4 #1 · Used 1DIV Values - Cause & Effect?

Watching hockey - punching on the mind.

jcolwell wrote:
`

You`ve been reading too many of Rob`s posts.

Feb 02, 2013 at 03:12 AM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #2 · p.4 #2 · Used 1DIV Values - Cause & Effect?

P.S. I really don`t care about the shutter count on my cameras. If one stops working, I get it fixed. If somethng new appears that will give me a new capability, I sell the old camera(s).

Feb 02, 2013 at 03:13 AM
rdalrt
• •
p.4 #3 · p.4 #3 · Used 1DIV Values - Cause & Effect?

jcolwell wrote:
P.S. I really don`t care about the shutter count on my cameras. If one stops working, I get it fixed. If somethng new appears that will give me a new capability, I sell the old camera(s).

+1

Feb 02, 2013 at 03:19 AM
jakita33
• • • •
p.4 #4 · p.4 #4 · Used 1DIV Values - Cause & Effect?

Totally agree.

jcolwell wrote:

Feb 02, 2013 at 03:20 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

onegreatcity
• • •
p.4 #5 · p.4 #5 · Used 1DIV Values - Cause & Effect?

jcolwell wrote:
OK. (as much on topic as anything photographic )

In order of listening (so far, I haven't even hit the vinyl yet).

Aqualung
Blunderbuss
Shields
Abraxis
Texas Flood

...and counting...

All in the same night? Or just recounting your favourites? Hope you've got a nice glass of scotch on the go!

Feb 02, 2013 at 03:41 AM
ComicDom1
• •
p.4 #6 · p.4 #6 · Used 1DIV Values - Cause & Effect?

I am one of those that does ask about shutter release numbers and I disagree. Part of the condition of any camera is how much it has been used. Yes it can be in great condition both visual and mechanically work fine, but repairs do cost money. Shutters do have an avg lifespan.

If you were buying a car, and the car looked clean and well taken care and the engine ran smooth and trans was good, would you pay as much for it with twice as many miles on it as you pay for one the same year, in the same condition, with 1/2 the miles?

I wouldn't but that is just me.

I have been shooting the 1D series since it began. I got away from it for while after 1DMKII series for specific reasons that I will not bore you with right now.

Tonight I purchased the 1D Mark IV from a respected member of the forum and it will be on its way tomorrow.

I have been doing a lot of reading and studying the older and newer models hoping to make the best decision possible for myself.

While I would really like to have the 1DX model and understand the differences between it, the 5D3, and the 1D IV, I found the 1D IV more suited to my particular shooting needs.

My past experience of buying the original 1D and the 1D MKII when they were first released taught me that the 1D series are special camera's. Of course I did not get any where near or even 1/2 of what I originally paid for them. What was interesting was how well the original 5D held its value. It is too bad the past 1D series of cameras did not hold their value as well as the 5D.

Jason

Feb 14, 2013 at 06:11 AM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
p.4 #7 · p.4 #7 · Used 1DIV Values - Cause & Effect?

jcolwell wrote:
OK. (as much on topic as anything photographic )

In order of listening (so far, I haven't even hit the vinyl yet).

Aqualung
Blunderbuss
Shields
Abraxis
Texas Flood

...and counting...

onegreatcity wrote:
All in the same night? ...

Yes.

Tonight was (is)...

Silk Degrees
Dosage