Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

3       4       end

Archive 2013 · Used 1DIV Values - Cause & Effect?

jcolwell
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · Used 1DIV Values - Cause & Effect?

..and the unsung western hero...

Jan 28, 2013 at 04:53 AM
PetKal
• • • • • • •
p.2 #2 · Used 1DIV Values - Cause & Effect?

jcolwell wrote:

Who would that be ? Imagemaster ? Molson ?....

Jan 28, 2013 at 04:59 AM
jcolwell
• • • • • •
p.2 #3 · Used 1DIV Values - Cause & Effect?

jcolwell wrote:

PetKal wrote:
Who would that be ? Imagemaster ? Molson ?....

Come on! For Pete's sake!

It's a line from Aqualung, That would place it in Wales, or Cornwall, or somewhere on the Best Coast.

Jan 28, 2013 at 05:13 AM
PetKal
• • • • • • •
p.2 #4 · Used 1DIV Values - Cause & Effect?

Sorry, Jim, I do not recall any of that stuff.

Jan 28, 2013 at 05:18 AM
jcolwell
• • • • • •
p.2 #5 · Used 1DIV Values - Cause & Effect?

Do you remember The Count? One, two, three, (flashes of light and sounds of thunder!), four - ha, ha, ha ha ha!

Jan 28, 2013 at 05:22 AM
StillFingerz
• • • •
p.2 #6 · Used 1DIV Values - Cause & Effect?

PetKal wrote:
Good Lord........haven't heard anyone mention them in decades.

Being 'Thick as a Brick' has it's uses, unless you're a 'Minsteral in the Gallery', you've lost your spectacles while in a 'Passion Play' and are singing a 'Song from the Wood' so 'Stand Up' and demonstrate the 'Benefit' of thy supertele's oh 'Teacher'

Which are album titles or song?
Yes, the vinyl is still played, JT was/is a favorite, old habits die hard as do Canon gearz...

Jan 28, 2013 at 05:24 AM
jcolwell
• • • • • •
p.2 #7 · Used 1DIV Values - Cause & Effect?

'This Was' an ode to one of the top five albums of all time- Aqualung. I'm feeling like a "War Child"! The "Minstrel in the Gallery" is playing "Songs from My Wood". Oh wait, maybe we should keep that "Under Wraps"...

Jan 28, 2013 at 05:33 AM
jcolwell
• • • • • •
p.2 #8 · Used 1DIV Values - Cause & Effect?

Stupid Davis jerk face!

Jan 28, 2013 at 05:35 AM
StillFingerz
• • • •
p.2 #9 · Used 1DIV Values - Cause & Effect?

Excellent tunage

Edited on Jan 28, 2013 at 05:39 AM · View previous versions

Jan 28, 2013 at 05:36 AM
PetKal
• • • • • • •
p.2 #10 · Used 1DIV Values - Cause & Effect?

Boys, in those days you were still rock crazed teenagers,while I was spending my days toiling in eminently useless study areas such as IBM 1800 finite element modelling of electromagnetic field in electric motors (lottsa Fortran card punching) and some such.

Jan 28, 2013 at 05:37 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

StillFingerz
• • • •
p.2 #11 · Used 1DIV Values - Cause & Effect?

PetKal wrote:
Boys, in those days you were still rock crazed teenagers,while I was spending my days toiling in eminently useless study areas such as IBM 1800 finite element modelling of electromagnetic field in electric motors (lottsa Fortran card punching) and some such.

Shhhhhh...MITG came out in 75, you are right Peter I was 18, just graduated HS...the next year my fate was sealed by a visit to a local computer fair, two Steve's were selling their 1st motherboards for what would become the Apple 1. That same year a Data General mini with eight workstations sat before me...the teacher gave us the keys...no need for that stinking slow basic when assembler is around

Punchcards suck, number them, and if you don't...don't dropem
It's good someone invented the wheel
Six years prior was my intro to photography, Tempe AZ, tumble weeds, horny toads n desert, my Grandad's Yashica 35...good times.

Jan 28, 2013 at 05:55 AM
PetKal
• • • • • • •
p.2 #12 · Used 1DIV Values - Cause & Effect?

Jerry, I got confused a bit there. The IBM 1800 machine came a bit later, and it was used for real time process control. It was IBM 1230 which introduced me to computer insanity.

Jan 28, 2013 at 10:20 AM
onegreatcity
• • •
p.2 #13 · Used 1DIV Values - Cause & Effect?

Holy crap! This is what happens at night when I go to sleep? I don't know that I've ever seen a thread move so quickly and enthusiastically off topic! Focus dammit, focus!

Jan 28, 2013 at 11:59 AM
ggOk
• • •
p.2 #14 · Used 1DIV Values - Cause & Effect?

I moved to 1D4 because I wasn't happy with 5D3.
I didn't wait for the price of 1D4 to go down, because if that's the case, I'll wait for another 10 years.
IMO, anytime is great time to buy 1D4 if you need it. If you want it at lower cost, wait couple more years.

/r
Andy

Jan 28, 2013 at 12:48 PM
verbiage
• •
p.2 #15 · Used 1DIV Values - Cause & Effect?

I'm tempted by the 1DIV, but I really don't mind if I sit this one out. (Sorry... skating away now!)

Jan 28, 2013 at 01:10 PM
Daniel Smith
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #16 · Used 1DIV Values - Cause & Effect?

jcolwell wrote:
'This Was' an ode to one of the top five albums of all time- Aqualung. I'm feeling like a "War Child"! The "Minstrel in the Gallery" is playing "Songs from My Wood". Oh wait, maybe we should keep that "Under Wraps"...

How can it be one of the top five without Marty Robbins, Hank Williams, Patsy Cline, Merle Haggard or Johnny Cash singing?

Jan 28, 2013 at 03:59 PM
gocolts
• • •
p.2 #17 · Used 1DIV Values - Cause & Effect?

If/when a 7D2 is released, I'll compare that to a used 1DMKIV and make my decision from there on what will replace my current 7D. I believe I have close to 90k clicks on the 7D since purchased in 2009, so my wife can't say I don't get use out of the toys I buy...

Jan 28, 2013 at 06:11 PM
Gunzorro
• • • • •
p.2 #18 · Used 1DIV Values - Cause & Effect?

I "Stand Up" for "This Was".

And even Blodwyn Pig.

Jan 28, 2013 at 06:25 PM
M Lucca
• • •
p.2 #19 · Used 1DIV Values - Cause & Effect?

1d4 is still a very relevant camera. 16MP, great FPS, deep burst depth, great AF.... last of the APS-H camera for the foreseeable future. And because of that I think the price will be less volatile as its predecessors.

Jan 28, 2013 at 06:52 PM
Chris Humphrey

p.2 #20 · Used 1DIV Values - Cause & Effect?

onegreatcity wrote:
I foresee a day this calendar year when I could pick up a lightly used 6D for $1500 and 1DIV for $2500. $4k for two bodies that would see me through almost any scenario. Crazy?

Well... It's all relative though right? Couple years ago I thought an original 5D and a 1D Mark II N could get me through almost any scenario. I mean, the 5D could shoot pretty clean files at 1600 ISO!!!

In a few years down the road you'll see the 1DX on here going for $1,500 when there's two generation of cameras that have replaced it and suddenly the 1D4 is going for $500-750 (effectively what the Mark II N seems to be going for now) and the idea of showing up to a wedding, or sports event, with JUST a 1DX and a 5DIII would seem like an only "mediocre" toolbox of equipment to have as a professional.

The fact is the old saying is correct, "It's the Indian, not the arrow" and great photographers can still make wonderful images with original 5Ds and 1D Mark II N's. That being said, I have both of those cameras and they collect dust as I scheme ways to sell them along with a 5D Mark II and come up with a little extra cash in addition to those sales to buy a 2nd 1DX because not because I can't produce great images with those cameras, but the 1DX just makes my life a lot easier as a professional photographer.

Anyways, that's just my two cents.

Jan 28, 2013 at 07:28 PM
       3       4       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

3       4       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password