Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Quality PC cord?

kodakeos
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Quality PC cord?

Unique setup:
I want to use my 580 mounted on the hotshoe and use my Vello wireless triggers to set off my 2 strobes.
Seems simple enough, until I realize the only problem is the trigger has no hotshoe for flash.

After some rethinking i now have the PC socket on the flash connected to a hotshoe/pc adapter, which will fire the wireless triggers, and the flash in the hotshoe.

except that the 2 1' PC cords I got on amazon are bunk. One doesnt work 90% of the time, the other is about 10-20% of the time failure to fire. (adjusting/holding the cord returns higher results so its not flash/strobe recycling)

I need a good quality PC male to PC male cord, about 1' long, even 6" to go from 580 PC socket to the hotshoe to trigger the wireless strobes.

Jan 26, 2013 at 05:33 AM
cgardner
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Quality PC cord?

Paramount Cords in NYC are best I've used. They also sell an ETTL cord w. second shoe for radio trigger for what you are trying to do. http://paramountcords.com. If you don't see what you need on line call. They also make custom cords to order. Add a pc tip repair tool to your order.

Another source for flash accessories is flash zebra. Can't vouch on personal experience but frequently recommended here by others.

Jan 26, 2013 at 11:57 AM
BrianO
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Quality PC cord?

cgardner wrote:
...Another source for flash accessories is flash zebra. Can't vouch on personal experience but frequently recommended here by others.

Ditto the recommendations for both Paramount Cords and Flash Zebra.

Lon, the owner of Flash Zebra, is a nice guy who has always been very responsive to questions about his products, and he is constantly adding new products to his line. I have several of his ETTL cords and some optical slaves.

Here's a link:

www.flashzebra.com

Jan 28, 2013 at 05:00 AM

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password