Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

Archive 2013 · Zeiss 18mm Distagon Lens

redisburning
• • •
Account locked
p.3 #1 · Zeiss 18mm Distagon Lens

I think the GRX M module is the best solution ATM

Mar 03, 2013 at 08:07 PM
fracas
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #2 · Zeiss 18mm Distagon Lens

I searched to web about color smearing ... many says it is a RAW converter issue and not an hardware problem ... what is your opinion? if it is a software problem, was it resolved by the last LR/ ACR version?
tks, francesco

Mar 04, 2013 at 01:34 PM
frezeiss
• • •
p.3 #3 · Zeiss 18mm Distagon Lens

kosmokatten,

I have lost appetite in alt lens on the Fuji sensor, considering the stellar rep of 35 cron asph and ZM 25, it is sad to see their performance on this sensor. Getting the ZM 18 will be a gamble, I think RF wides are best on the M9 and GXR. Ok on the NEX but not stellar either.

The Fuji 14 is a great lens. I could post crop if the OP wants it. Some samples:

Mar 04, 2013 at 01:46 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

naturephoto1
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #4 · Zeiss 18mm Distagon Lens

frezeiss wrote:
kosmokatten,

I have lost appetite in alt lens on the Fuji sensor, considering the stellar rep of 35 cron asph and ZM 25, it is sad to see their performance on this sensor. Getting the ZM 18 will be a gamble, I think RF wides are best on the M9 and GXR. Ok on the NEX but not stellar either.

Thanks very much. After hearing all of the comments and reports, I will probably purchase the Fuji 14mm lens in the relatively short term. I will add this to my 16 Leica R lenses to use on my Fuji X-E1. This will give me a large selection of options and also a mix of the 21mm equivalent focal length (14mm Fuji) with all of my prime and zoom Leica R lenses.

Rich

Mar 04, 2013 at 02:31 PM
frezeiss
• • •
p.3 #5 · Zeiss 18mm Distagon Lens

If you wanna wait, there's the upcoming X mount Zeiss 12 2.8 lens. It should released around june or july, theres no fix date just yet. I couldnt wait so..but if I could, I'll get the Zeiss.

Anyways, I'm very happy with my new 14 mm. Probably will get the Zeiss eventually for my non AA NEX 5R. In the mean time I posted more samples from the XF 14 mm in the HD picture thread; along with crops.

Mar 04, 2013 at 02:37 PM
naturephoto1
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #6 · Zeiss 18mm Distagon Lens

frezeiss wrote:
If you wanna wait, there's the upcoming X mount Zeiss 12 2.8 lens. It should released around june or july, theres no fix date just yet. I couldnt wait so..but if I could, I'll get the Zeiss.

Anyways, I'm very happy with my new 14 mm. Probably will get the Zeiss eventually for my non AA NEX 5R. In the mean time I posted more samples from the XF 14 mm in the HD picture thread; along with crops.

Thanks, I will take a look at the photos in the thread. I know that Zeiss is coming out with some new lenses for both the Fuji X and the NEX cameras. I saw them at Photoplus in October. If I am gong to go away to shoot in May to California including Yosemite I need a wider focal length lens and can't wait for the Zeiss offerings, but something to consider for the future.

Rich

Mar 04, 2013 at 02:43 PM
1       2      
       end

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password