Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2013 · Lets dance....Added the "Steve Wylle" edits

Michaelparris
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Lets dance....Added the "Steve Wylle" edits

Steve Wylie wrote:
I like this shot, too, including the light. The bright spot on the left foreground needs to go, as has been mentioned. The other thing I might suggest to you is to experiment with it, playing ever-so-slightly with a color filter to give the light some depth and interest. As it is, it's just plain white. Try warming it up a bit; then try cooling it down significantly. I bet you'll come up with something that's quite dramatic. It's got a lot going for it already.

Just my two cents...

Very good idea. Will work on it. Thanks for the comments

Jan 23, 2013 at 10:43 PM
bcguy
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Lets dance....Added the "Steve Wylle" edits

You've captured such grace with this photo. The side lighting and low angle is really very nice.

With the light I get the feeling that she's performing before an audience.

Without the light, I imagine her practising alone, which makes this a more personal moment. Either way works for me.

These were just my first thoughts. Of course I had "Let's Dance" by David Bowie going through my head too.

Jan 26, 2013 at 06:50 AM
Michaelparris
• • • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Lets dance....Added the "Steve Wylle" edits

Thanks. Love David Bowie. Never cared for that song though

Jan 26, 2013 at 03:37 PM
friscoron
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Lets dance....Added the "Steve Wylle" edits

I like where you added the blue to the light and the stage floor, not at all where you also added it to the dancer. That's the beauty of getting other sets of eyes on our pictures. Sometimes, they can take us in a direction we hadn't even considered before. Great job!

Jan 26, 2013 at 07:42 PM
Michaelparris
• • • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Lets dance....Added the "Steve Wylle" edits

That is my sentiment as well. Was not going to post the pic of her in "blue" because it did not work for me at all but thought some would like to view. I agree about the extra set of eyes it is just the small percentage of eyes that say, " Her pinkie finger on her right hand is slightly bent would have looked much better had you told her to straighten out her finger".......Can't see the forest for the trees, I am not immune to it either BTW, especially with my own work. Thanks for the comments

Jan 26, 2013 at 08:32 PM
       end

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password