Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              6      
       end

Archive 2013 · Your top-3 wish list for 7D Mark II

StillFingerz
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.7 #1 · Your top-3 wish list for 7D Mark II

ggreene wrote:
I think the 7D2 will see an incremental update in sensor technology but not at the Sony Exmor level. It's a camera designed around action photography and I don't believe low ISO DR will be a priority. They still want to keep this at a mid level price and there are greater needs then that for the role this body serves.

Much more likely to see the Sony Exmor type of technology on a high MP FF body.

Feb 19, 2013 at 01:28 PM
Wahoowa
• • •
p.7 #2 · Your top-3 wish list for 7D Mark II

gocolts wrote:
The ONLY thing not on that list that I'd like is single-point AF at f/8. But it won't be a deal breaker, as my non-reporting 1.4TC works fine with my 400 5.6L on my current 7D. But it'd still be nice to have so I don't have to try and cheat the cameras features to get it to work.

Focusing capability at f/8 is what I want too, but as I said "capability". If Canon doesn't program their cameras to disable focus at f/8 and slower, all cameras would be able to perform autofocus with any lens even its fastest f-stop is f/11, but the result would be very poor. I want one that is very capable, i.e. the sensor is very sensitive in low light, especially if it comes out at $2,000+ for an APS-C camera.

Feb 19, 2013 at 01:32 PM
ggreene
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.7 #3 · Your top-3 wish list for 7D Mark II

Those specs are pretty nice especially for only $2200. If the AI-Servo is up to par with the 5D3 I'd buy one in a heart beat. Perfect companion body to my 1DX for field sports where I'm FL limited. 24MP is going to offer some nice reach.

I would love for this to use the 1DX batteries and dual CF slots but I have a feeling that won't happen. I can dream though.

Feb 19, 2013 at 02:43 PM
lowa2
• • • •
p.7 #4 · Your top-3 wish list for 7D Mark II

1. That it will exist
2. F8 focus (doesn't have to be exactly like the 1dx/5d3, but that would nice)
3. Better all around ISO performance (especially above 800).

Feb 19, 2013 at 02:49 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Wahoowa
• • •
p.7 #5 · Your top-3 wish list for 7D Mark II

ggreene wrote:
Those specs are pretty nice especially for only $2200.

For professionals, that's quite cheap. But that price is on the edge for most amateurs, especially when 6D exists. 6D and 7D Mark II are supposed to be for different photographers or serve different purposes. But most amateurs will likely look for full frame image quality rather than fast speed. (When I say "most amateurs", it's definitely not most people on this site.) And by the time 7D Mark II is released, 6D will be available for under $1,700. It's gonna be a tough sale.

Feb 19, 2013 at 03:23 PM
kevindar
• • • •
p.7 #6 · Your top-3 wish list for 7D Mark II

Interesting. I find f8 focus on a 24 mp apsc sensor usually not useful. at 24 MP, you are already taxing the resolving power of most lenses even without a TC. You can already to a bunch of cropping. at f8, with a long lens (I am assuming the minimum you are using this for is a 400 5.6 to go to 640 f8) with the 1.6 crop factor and 24mp pixel level sharpness, would require crazy fast shutter speeds. on the order of 1/1600-1/2000 minimum for moving objects, and high for even stationary objects. the tracking is never all that great at f8 with single point anyway. so you are bumping up ISO a ton, and loosing detail that way also. I just have not found shooting f8 wide open on a high density 1.6 crop with loosing at least one stop of light and speed of autofocus that appealing, and any better than cropping.

Feb 19, 2013 at 03:27 PM
ggreene
• • •
p.7 #7 · Your top-3 wish list for 7D Mark II

Wahoowa wrote:
For professionals, that's quite cheap. But that price is on the edge for most amateurs, especially when 6D exists. 6D and 7D Mark II are supposed to be for different photographers or serve different purposes. But most amateurs will likely look for full frame image quality rather than fast speed. (When I say "most amateurs", it's definitely not most people on this site.) And by the time 7D Mark II is released, 6D will be available for under $1,700. It's gonna be a tough sale.

Does Canon view it as a general use body though? Canon Rumors stated it was designed as a "mini 1DX" and that's probably a good way to put it. I think it will sell quite well in the mid-level pro market for action photography. There are a lot of people that want 10 FPS but don't want to shell out $7K for a 1DX. Combine that with 24MP APS-C density and you have a nice upgrade in reach for people that also don't want to spend $10K on a super tele.

If those specs are true you are getting 5D3 build and ISO performance close to the 5D3 but with far higher pixel density and 10 FPS. It's amazing Canon isn't charging $3000 for it given their pricing model lately and even at that price there would be people wanting it.

Feb 19, 2013 at 04:54 PM
BluesWest
• • •
p.7 #8 · Your top-3 wish list for 7D Mark II

It's amazing Canon isn't charging $3000 for it given their pricing model lately

Yes, the rumored $2200 price seems unlikely considering the prices of the recently released Canon bodies and lenses. $3000 is much more in line with Canon's current pricing strategy.

John

Feb 19, 2013 at 05:06 PM
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password