Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3      
       end

Archive 2013 · 6D Owners' Longer-term Impressions?

godfreyz
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #1 · 6D Owners' Longer-term Impressions?

I keep reading where the 6D is not for sports. I currently shoot a lot of college basketball games and I use the 7D for the shots and have been happy with it, but not with the high ISO pics from some dark gyms. Does anyone have experience shooting basketball games with the 6D? Am thinking about getting one for sports and for wildlife shooting. Thanks!

Feb 26, 2013 at 09:37 PM
PeakPhoto
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #2 · 6D Owners' Longer-term Impressions?

godfreyz wrote:
I keep reading where the 6D is not for sports. I currently shoot a lot of college basketball games and I use the 7D for the shots and have been happy with it, but not with the high ISO pics from some dark gyms. Does anyone have experience shooting basketball games with the 6D? Am thinking about getting one for sports and for wildlife shooting. Thanks!

I shot a hockey game in a dingy lit arena and it performed great. Yeah the lack of super fast fps wasn't the greatest. But the high ISO performance made up for it. And I didn't really run into any main issues with the focus either. Most are tack sharp (thanks as well to my 70-200 f/2.8 IS II).

I can upload some samples for you if you'd like.

Feb 27, 2013 at 05:55 AM
Rickuz
• •
p.4 #3 · 6D Owners' Longer-term Impressions?

PeakPhoto wrote:
I shot a hockey game in a dingy lit arena and it performed great. Yeah the lack of super fast fps wasn't the greatest. But the high ISO performance made up for it. And I didn't really run into any main issues with the focus either. Most are tack sharp (thanks as well to my 70-200 f/2.8 IS II).

What is your opinion on the accuracy of the outer focus points, when compared to your old 5D2 and 60D?

Feb 27, 2013 at 08:13 AM
Ralph Conway
• • • •
p.4 #4 · 6D Owners' Longer-term Impressions?

Nice Rickuz! You ignore other posters opinion (like mine) as "random forum posts" and ask "Peakphoto" about his "experience".

Feb 27, 2013 at 05:47 PM
ISO1600
• • • •
p.4 #5 · 6D Owners' Longer-term Impressions?

haha exactly my thoughts, Ralph.

Feb 27, 2013 at 06:59 PM
Ralph Conway
• • • •
p.4 #6 · 6D Owners' Longer-term Impressions?

Maybe shooting 5D II for 4 years and comparing its outer points against 6D is not "pro" enough ...

Feb 27, 2013 at 07:11 PM
snapsy
• • • •
p.4 #7 · 6D Owners' Longer-term Impressions?

Ralph Conway wrote:
Maybe shooting 5D II for 4 years and comparing its outer points against 6D is not "pro" enough ...

You finally got around to buying a 6D?

Feb 27, 2013 at 07:40 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Ralph Conway
• • • •
p.4 #8 · 6D Owners' Longer-term Impressions?

snapsy wrote:
You finally got around to buying a 6D?

Based on finances I guess it will be April this year:

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1150348/34#11346885

Feb 27, 2013 at 07:55 PM
godfreyz
• • •
p.4 #9 · 6D Owners' Longer-term Impressions?

PeakPhoto wrote:

Would appreciate it.

Feb 27, 2013 at 09:53 PM
Ralph Conway
• • • •
p.4 #10 · 6D Owners' Longer-term Impressions?

same here

Feb 27, 2013 at 10:20 PM
snapsy
• • • •
p.4 #11 · 6D Owners' Longer-term Impressions?

Ralph Conway wrote:
Based on finances I guess it will be April this year:

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1150348/34#11346885

It's about time That was the longest evaluation cycle in the history of camera buying, even if driven by finances

Feb 28, 2013 at 04:39 AM
Paul Mo
• • • •
p.4 #12 · 6D Owners' Longer-term Impressions?

As a 5D3 owner I'm waiting for 5D2 prices to take another drop - I'd like to buy one new at the lowest possible price. Why not a 6D? Nostalgia, ownership of a classic model... but the lure of the 6D's lowlight performance remain.

Feb 28, 2013 at 06:23 AM
outlawyer
• • •
p.4 #13 · 6D Owners' Longer-term Impressions?

Paul Mo wrote:
As a 5D3 owner I'm waiting for 5D2 prices to take another drop - I'd like to buy one new at the lowest possible price. Why not a 6D? Nostalgia, ownership of a classic model... but the lure of the 6D's lowlight performance remain.

Is this a word puzzle?

Feb 28, 2013 at 02:40 PM
PeakPhoto
• •
p.4 #14 · 6D Owners' Longer-term Impressions?

Here are the shots I took (sorry it took me a few days, been out of town)... just don't judge the shots too hard.. I'm a landscape photographer doing a favor for a friend

http://www.peakphotographymt.com/p506466357

I really didn't throw to many out for being out of focus, which was nice. Shot with a 70-200 F/2.8 IS II, which helped too though.

Mar 01, 2013 at 10:34 PM
1       2       3      
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password