Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

Archive 2013 · Ganing credientals

Caleb Williams
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · Ganing credientals

Marty Bingham wrote:
Otherwise your best bet would be to see if one of the papers you mention would be willing to send you.

Or tagging a long with a newspaper photographer can help you out.

Jan 26, 2013 at 12:45 AM
matt.garnett
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #2 · p.3 #2 · Ganing credientals

I retract my comment from earlier about faking passes. In the moment of coming home from a basketball event where I had to use and old press pass (with permission of course) to get in because they forgot to print mine, it seemed like a good idea. Faking credentials is wrong I apologize for suggesting something like that to an up and coming photographer.

I do want to note though that as reporter with pass of your own, acting professional and mature and can get you a lot of places, but past security doesn't work too often. Best bet for credentials is to still find a personal contact with the team or newspaper.

Cheers

Jan 26, 2013 at 04:41 AM
Frank Lauri
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #3 · p.3 #3 · Ganing credientals

Regarding this credential faking thing.....Faking a credential is Wrong...period - stop. It is a mis-representation of who you are and who you are with. It can probably be construed as an intent to defraud and it is probably illegal as well. Would you try to create a fake drivers license....passport....social security number.

In my day job I am a Security Supervisor at a Nuclear Power Plant. Come and try to get in there with a fake credential......guess where you will spend the night.

Credentials are given to people for a specific reason. If there are attempts to undermine and circumvent these systems just to gain measly access to get closer for a picture....it is definitely going to impact up in some way.

Is it worth it to tarnish credibility, reputation, honor just to get a picture? Think before acting.....

Jan 26, 2013 at 12:49 PM
gome1122
• • •
p.3 #4 · p.3 #4 · Ganing credientals

Just an update. I went over to my neighbors and talked about the issue with him(he used to get credientals for tons of big racing events). As to watking Glen, he said that I can try and get in but it will be harder and I will need to work on my portofolio some more(needed it anyways). Once we started talking about the baseball credentials he said it might be a bit hard because there is already a guy that does it right now, but I'm sure they will have no problem with two photographers getting pictures for them. It's not like it really costs them anything, except a single game ticket. And uf I can't get in to the game there are no strict camera rules so I could just walk in and take pictures from the stands anyways. But I am going to apply to newspapers and start getting out there to other school events besides just my school. I will be going for my drivers test Monday so I can travel much better and on shorter notice now so thats a plus. Thank you everyone for the advice of what to and what not to do.

Jan 26, 2013 at 01:26 PM
soundguy591

p.3 #5 · p.3 #5 · Ganing credientals

When I was 17, I messaged the media/marketing/PR guy at the New Britain Rock Cats (Minor League), he responded with questions verifying if I was actually something more than a crazed fan. After that was out of the way, the team agreed to let me shoot a couple of games. It never hurts to ask, the worst they will say is no! Make sure you have a portfolio/website to send them for basic verification.

Feb 07, 2013 at 01:35 AM
1       2      
       end

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password