Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3      
       end

Archive 2013 · What Is Your Favorite AA Rechargeable Battery For Flash?

Todd Moon

Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #1 · p.4 #1 · What Is Your Favorite AA Rechargeable Battery For Flash?

Access wrote:
That's progably just a pure capacity thing, the difference between 2000mAH and 2700mAH is about 25%

Yes, that is likely. I would love to see data on the Powerex batteries after more pops. The power curve on the eneloops falls off sharply. I'd be interested if the same thing happens with the Powerex ones after, say, 600 pops.

The low self-discharge is a feature of the eneloops that costs money. A lot of people use their batteries in such a way that makes that feature unimportant. Even the eneloop XX don't have the mAh rating of the Powerex, and they cost more. (They're only 2400, btw, not 2500.) Some people would be better served spending less money on batteries that last longer if they don't need the low self-discharge feature, or the initial 0.5 second reduced recycle time for the first 100 flashes. Although, I'd be really surprised if there are people who need the half second faster recycle time and are willing to swap out their batteries every 100 flashes. Those people buy battery packs instead. So, the real only advantage of the eneloops is the low self-dischage, and not everyone needs that. I just wanted to raise awareness on the subject because this thread is dominated with people saying they use eneloops, but no one is really saying why.

Feb 11, 2013 at 03:05 PM
blonde
• • •
p.4 #2 · p.4 #2 · What Is Your Favorite AA Rechargeable Battery For Flash?

Eneloop

Feb 11, 2013 at 03:35 PM
Access
• • •
p.4 #3 · p.4 #3 · What Is Your Favorite AA Rechargeable Battery For Flash?

Todd Moon wrote:
the real only advantage of the eneloops is the low self-dischage, and not everyone needs that. I just wanted to raise awareness on the subject because this thread is dominated with people saying they use eneloops, but no one is really saying why.

Well for a long time, eneloop has been the way to go. So I don't think it's going to change overnight.

If you really want to go all out you can get high-rate discharge batteries rated at "10C" or more on some of the hobby sites. But these ones will only hold charge for a week or two.

Feb 11, 2013 at 04:11 PM
kodakeos
• • •
p.4 #4 · p.4 #4 · What Is Your Favorite AA Rechargeable Battery For Flash?

Powerex 2700MAH - absolutely amazing and powerful

Feb 12, 2013 at 11:10 PM
1       2       3      
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.