Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines
One new topic per day

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

3       end

Archive 2013 · On TV!!!

teked
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · On TV!!!

Congrats on this opportunity, Mark. That's awesome. So are those first two images. The perspective is sensational.

Cheers,
Ed

Jan 20, 2013 at 02:16 PM
Mark Metternich
• • • • •
p.2 #2 · On TV!!!

aFeinberg wrote:
Was just thinking about you....nice way to pop up again. Killing it

aF

Thanks very much Aaron. No matter what happens, I'll never give this up. It is in my DNA. Even in the highest levels of occasional burn out, as soon as I get a few days off, I often go out and find that solace and peace (and spiritual connection) out in the beauty of nature/creation. The very reason many or most of us do this work.

Jan 20, 2013 at 06:40 PM
douter
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #3 · On TV!!!

Congrats to you Mark!
Douglas

Jan 20, 2013 at 06:55 PM
chez
• • • • •
p.2 #4 · On TV!!!

Wow...that's just super. Great to see you getting more exposure. Your work deserves it.

Jan 20, 2013 at 09:11 PM
Kenneth Kosler
• •
p.2 #5 · On TV!!!

Congrats Mark, look forward to watching it.

Jan 20, 2013 at 10:47 PM
Sunny Sra
• • • • • • •
p.2 #6 · On TV!!!

Mark,
excellent news. is this available to watch online?

Jan 21, 2013 at 02:07 AM
marty bober
• •
p.2 #7 · On TV!!!

Awesome shots...

Jan 21, 2013 at 02:47 AM
Mark Metternich
• • • • •
p.2 #8 · On TV!!!

Sunny Sra wrote:
Mark,
excellent news. is this available to watch online?

There is a clip on my website. But other than that no, not yet.

Jan 21, 2013 at 05:13 AM
thw2
• • • •
p.2 #9 · On TV!!!

I really really like the first shot.

Jan 21, 2013 at 07:27 AM
bigbear1
• •
p.2 #10 · On TV!!!

Beautiful work, Mark! Oregon is blessed with some incredibly beautiful locations for landscape shooters! I can't wait to get out there again this summer!
John
bigbear1

Jan 21, 2013 at 08:50 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Nigel Turner
• •
p.2 #11 · On TV!!!

Brilliant Mark,

Congratulations!

That must make you feel great. I'm looking forward to seeing it.

What ever happened to to Las Vegas Gallery that you were going to open.. did it fall through or did you just put it off for a while due to the economy? Didn't you have a backer? Just wondering as I was looking forward to seeing your prints here in Las Vegas.

Jan 22, 2013 at 03:06 AM
Mark Metternich
• • • • •
p.2 #12 · On TV!!!

Nigel Turner wrote:
Brilliant Mark,

Congratulations!

That must make you feel great. I'm looking forward to seeing it.

What ever happened to to Las Vegas Gallery that you were going to open.. did it fall through or did you just put it off for a while due to the economy? Didn't you have a backer? Just wondering as I was looking forward to seeing your prints here in Las Vegas.

Hi Nigel. Thank you. And thank you for asking.

Short story: we spent tons of money made huge sacrifices, I had backing and it seemed the day I arrived in Vegas from that colossal 5 month road trip, the economy began to collapse. All fell apart and I lost everything I owned and went through a bankruptcy. I fought on through 5 horrendous years in a city I was not fond of and I built up my SW library and did a ton of workshop/tours out there, mastered my workflow for fine art prints and moved back to Oregon 8 months ago. Now my wife and I (still together after 20 years) are adjusting the business plan and I plan on having my work in some galleries here and do some exhibitions and some art shows and eventually maybe have my own shop. So, still moving forward. I did an art show tonight and it went awesome. I had my 7 foot Canadian Rockies panorama as my main display piece and people were flipping out about it (and my portfolio). It was awesome to meet so many great people and I sold a few pieces... My name is Mark and it actually comes from the word "Mighty Warrior or Fighter" and that is me. I like to fight on.

Jan 22, 2013 at 04:34 AM
khilleg
• • •
p.2 #13 · On TV!!!

That is awesome, Mark! I'll look for it on OPB!

Kevin

Jan 22, 2013 at 05:03 AM
Mark Metternich
• • • • •
p.2 #14 · On TV!!!

khilleg wrote:
That is awesome, Mark! I'll look for it on OPB!

Kevin

Thanks Kevin.

Jan 23, 2013 at 07:14 PM
Vern Dewit
• • • •
p.2 #15 · On TV!!!

Sweet - congrats!

Jan 23, 2013 at 08:07 PM
RileyJoseph
• •
p.2 #16 · On TV!!!

Very cool. Love the photos.. the greens are awesome. And I am a sucker for blurred water.

Jan 24, 2013 at 05:31 PM
Justin Grimm
• • •
p.2 #17 · On TV!!!

Love them all, especially the amazing perspective in the first and second. I think this might be the first instance I have noticed any leaf movement in one of your shots Is there any chance you will be able to upload the TV show on your website, or to Youtube? Id love to watch it, but not having satellite cable has its drawbacks.

I also had no clue how large Punchbowl falls actually was! Going from pictures online I thought it was well under 10 feet tall. I can't wait to see it, and many other waterfalls in person this summer!

Jan 24, 2013 at 06:22 PM
lowa2
• • •
p.2 #18 · On TV!!!

I can see why your on TV. Those images (all of them) are stunning.

Jan 24, 2013 at 06:52 PM
Mark Metternich
• • • • •
p.2 #19 · On TV!!!

Mr Grimm wrote:
Love them all, especially the amazing perspective in the first and second. I think this might be the first instance I have noticed any leaf movement in one of your shots Is there any chance you will be able to upload the TV show on your website, or to Youtube? Id love to watch it, but not having satellite cable has its drawbacks.

I also had no clue how large Punchbowl falls actually was! Going from pictures online I thought it was well under 10 feet tall. I can't wait to see it, and many other waterfalls in person
...Show more

Thank you very much. The clip is on my website here: http://www.wildforlight.com/ and I will have more (totally different clips) very soon. It is basically a teaching show so I'm sharing what I am doing to get the shot...

As soon as the show airs I will put the entire episode on my website.

As far as Punchbowl, even the video makes it look small compared to reality! Its like 60 feet and sounds like 100 trains roaring right next to you when you are 200 feet away! When I first went into the bowl I was literally mesmerized and in complete awe of the massiveness of the falls and the entire bowl! I just could not believe it.

May be in the episode, but I break my oar on my way out and get into a bad current that almost takes me down the lower punchbowl (with the cameraman!).

Jan 24, 2013 at 07:56 PM
Mark Metternich
• • • • •
p.2 #20 · On TV!!!

bigbear1 wrote:
Beautiful work, Mark! Oregon is blessed with some incredibly beautiful locations for landscape shooters! I can't wait to get out there again this summer!
John
bigbear1

Thanks Bigbear. I think it is in a lot of ways becoming the mecca of landscape. After moving back here I am literally amazed at how many awesome landscape photographers live in the area. It certainly is a great place to plant yourself, if you want to submerge yourself in this type of work! I'm even trying to get my main shooting partner to move here. One could literally dedicate their entire life to the Columbia River Gorge, there is so much to see and explore. Hope you get your opportunities!

Apr 20, 2013 at 04:54 PM
       3       end

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

3       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password