Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · What kind of Facebook page????

Aaron D
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · What kind of Facebook page????

I want to set up a facebook page for my photography. What option for the type of page did you choose? I don't see photography anywhere in any of the category's. Not looking to do a "brick & mortar" physical type business page. So can you guys give me some advice?

Also a tip for good quality photo uploads to FB. Since FB re-compresses what we upload, you don't want to upload a jpg. Save your low res final draft (from raw or tif or whatever) as an uncompressed png and upload that. When FB re-compresses the png to jpg, no icky pixelation or compression artifacts!

Jan 17, 2013 at 04:54 AM
mike-in-ak
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · What kind of Facebook page????

I chose local business.

Jan 17, 2013 at 05:29 AM
Aaron D
• • •
p.1 #3 · What kind of Facebook page????

Thanks Mike.

I know quite a few here are against FB. Or, at least publishing to it. After having one of my own photos stolen and taken credit for, I can't say that I blame them.

But I digress.

I'd rather not choose business because, well, I simply am not in this to make money at this point. Did FB require an address? I've read mixed things.

Jan 20, 2013 at 07:09 PM
RDKirk
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · What kind of Facebook page????

Artist.

Some of the things I'll talk about or do will involve making money, some will not. But it will all be about my art.

Jan 23, 2013 at 02:24 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

mike-in-ak
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · What kind of Facebook page????

Aaron D wrote:
Thanks Mike.

I know quite a few here are against FB. Or, at least publishing to it. After having one of my own photos stolen and taken credit for, I can't say that I blame them.

But I digress.

I'd rather not choose business because, well, I simply am not in this to make money at this point. Did FB require an address? I've read mixed things.

I believe an address is required for FB to classify it as a local business. I used my PO box. A viable choice might be artist as suggested.

I post low res images only to FB and lately have just been linking to my zenfolio galleries.

Jan 24, 2013 at 07:31 PM
mdude85
• • • •
p.1 #6 · What kind of Facebook page????

You can create a "Cause or Community Page" or a "Company, Organization or Institution" page if you do not have a physical address. The few people I know personally who have photography pages use the "Community Page". I'm not sure about the nuanced differences between the two. Someone who has one may be able to clarify.

Jan 24, 2013 at 09:20 PM
hondageek
• • •
p.1 #7 · What kind of Facebook page????

Aaron D wrote:
Thanks Mike.

I can't imagine not having a fb page. 80%+ of my business come through fb. I don't load entire galleries of photos to my page, just one or two of the best keepers from each subject. They are watermarked and I encourage sharing. It's a no-brainer.

Jan 27, 2013 at 03:54 PM

FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password