Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2013 · INSURANCE- HAVE IT

johnrg
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · INSURANCE- HAVE IT

a2rob wrote:
Straight from USAA site: Cameras
Cameras, lenses, flash equipment and accessories for personal use.

So I am guessing that your claim falls under personal use! Man I wish I could get ussaa, I have been a member for years with them. Heck even been to the headquarters in San Antonio. It's like a city within a city....

They sell small business insurance as well (through The Hartford), including liability and property. It would be separate from personal policies.

Jan 17, 2013 at 02:08 AM
MattSepeta
• • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · INSURANCE- HAVE IT

TTLKurtis wrote:
If they want to stick it to you, just FYI, USAA/Hartford can deny your claim based on your being a professional photographer and say it wasn't personal use. I was with USAA/Hartford for quite a while before someone made me aware of that and now I've *really* got my ass covered. And it's a good thing, too, because I had 20k of gear stolen about a year ago.

Yes, the gear I was using was very specifically not my "working" gear, my weekend at-home kit. Like I would "work" with a 24-105 Anyways, the reimbursement came through and again, USAA as always could not have been easier to work with.

clarence3 wrote:
Robbery: /ˈräb ər ee/ The felonious taking of personal property from someone using force or the threat of force.

I bet you make lots of friends everywhere you go with that great attitude of yours. Seriously buddy, I feel bad for you if trolling forums and spewing idiocy is the most constructive thing you can do with your time.

Jan 17, 2013 at 01:14 PM
clarence3
• • • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · INSURANCE- HAVE IT

MattSepeta wrote:
I bet you make lots of friends everywhere you go with that great attitude of yours. Seriously buddy, I feel bad for you if trolling forums and spewing idiocy is the most constructive thing you can do with your time.

No trolling intended.

I've been insured by USAA for 27 years, but there might be a difference in coverage if you call USAA and say "I've been robbed. Am I covered?" versus "I left my camera bag unattended at a ski slope and it was missing when I returned. When are you going to send me a check?"

Jan 18, 2013 at 12:15 AM
pinktutu
• •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · INSURANCE- HAVE IT

I have Travelers via USAA also, and they explained to me that mysterious disappearances are most definitely not covered. For example, if I put a bag down and it is missing, that's a mysterious disappearance. I'd need proof that it was broken out of my car or my lock was picked, etc. So clarence3 I totally understand what you're saying.

I'm glad they honored your policy, though, Matt. I just leased a studio and I insured the space, but I'm still jittery about not having my stuff near me at all times.

PS. That mysterious disappearance clause also makes me nervous leaving my bags during weddings.

Jan 18, 2013 at 04:25 AM
       end

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password