Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       4       5       end

Archive 2013 · OT (kind of): What car for a wedding photog???

micla

Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · OT (kind of): What car for a wedding photog???

Currently lease a Nissan Rogue, but once that lease is up, want to buy. I am always thinking about the mileage restriction. I am very happy with the Rogue. Comfortable for long trips and gets good gas mileage. Its comparable to the CRV.

Jan 15, 2013 at 06:16 PM
form
• • • •
p.3 #2 · p.3 #2 · OT (kind of): What car for a wedding photog???

Good point about regional differences...perhaps in certain plains or southern areas (or rural areas in general) would view my 1994 camry as a flashy car, while bigger cities and trendier places would see it as a blight on the pavement it traverses...but it is still running without issue almost 20 years after its release, and it will probably outlast many cars that were built in the new millenium without need of major repairs.

Jan 15, 2013 at 06:22 PM
joelconner
• • • •
p.3 #3 · p.3 #3 · OT (kind of): What car for a wedding photog???

We have a Nissan Vera...hatchback. It's a great car, although it gets pretty tight on days when we are doing a photobooth as well.

Jan 15, 2013 at 06:43 PM
ckhagen
• • • •
p.3 #4 · p.3 #4 · OT (kind of): What car for a wedding photog???

I traded my BMW 525 for an Acura RDX because I needed to get the BMW off my hands since it was getting up there in mileage and I thought an SUV would be a good idea. Wrong. Agh!!! I would give anything to get back into a BMW. This Acura doesn't even come close to touching that 525. Even my kids ask when we're getting our old car back. I don't bring everything and the kitchen sink with me to shoot, so I don't need a big car to haul stuff. That BMW was just so "me".

Jan 15, 2013 at 07:57 PM
abadass
• •
p.3 #5 · p.3 #5 · OT (kind of): What car for a wedding photog???

I drive a Honda Fit '07. Good on gas, fun to drive, and fits a lot of stuff but the engine is weak.

as long as my car takes me from point A to point B with no problems, maintained regularly internally and externally, I'm cool.

Jan 15, 2013 at 08:05 PM
XPO239
• • •
p.3 #6 · p.3 #6 · OT (kind of): What car for a wedding photog???

What ever you get, don't get a stick. There's never anyone around that knows how to drive it when I need them too!

~ARI

Jan 15, 2013 at 09:20 PM
ckhagen
• • • •
p.3 #7 · p.3 #7 · OT (kind of): What car for a wedding photog???

XPO239 wrote:
What ever you get, don't get a stick. There's never anyone around that knows how to drive it when I need them too!

~ARI

No joke! I've had enough problems explaining to people how to start the bmw (push button) and needing an assistant to drive happens more often than you think.

Jan 15, 2013 at 09:44 PM
Ian Ivey
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #8 · p.3 #8 · OT (kind of): What car for a wedding photog???

The Huayra is nice. Doors open way up for easy access to the small bag of gear you can fit in the front seat next to you. Also, makes it easy to beat the bride from the hotel to the church. Or to jail.

Jan 15, 2013 at 09:51 PM
Brian Virts
• • •
p.3 #9 · p.3 #9 · OT (kind of): What car for a wedding photog???

I drive a Black 1994 Mazda Miata Convertible restored by http://windsorcustoms.com/ it rocks!

Featured in this e-shoot:

full shoot:
http://brianvirtsphotography.com/engagement/valerie-nick-engaged/

Jan 15, 2013 at 10:06 PM
jcolman
• • • • •
p.3 #10 · p.3 #10 · OT (kind of): What car for a wedding photog???

Love the car Brian but I don't know how you get all your gear in it! When I started my business, I drove a 350Z. The only reason I sold it was because I could not get all my stuff in it.

Jan 15, 2013 at 10:11 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Brian Virts
• • •
p.3 #11 · p.3 #11 · OT (kind of): What car for a wedding photog???

Jim, I can get a TT International in the trunk (just fits) with some stands and flashes. I keep a TT Retrospective up front with me on the floorboard. My main assistant/second shooter fits in the passenger seat with her bag. It works! And at 28mpg, it's cheap and fun.

Jan 15, 2013 at 10:27 PM
spink
• • •
p.3 #12 · p.3 #12 · OT (kind of): What car for a wedding photog???

I have a 98 pathfinder now and working from it is fine. There are many photographers in town that have the Honda Element and that thing makes perfect sense for photography (foldable seats, lots of hard plastic). I'm hoping for a Flex next as it will suite my growing family and business.

Jan 15, 2013 at 10:30 PM
Prettym1k3
• • • •
p.3 #13 · p.3 #13 · OT (kind of): What car for a wedding photog???

I used my wife's 2-door Honda Accord for the MPG's. My truck was used when I helped another photographer with bridal fairs the last two years. Traded my truck for my wife's 4Runner. Sold her Accord and bought myself a Subaru Forester. Plenty of room for the family and dogs/stroller. Also has AWD as if I ever see snow in the Bay Area. Pfffft. Also, four doors is nice to get clients around if I end up driving.

Jan 15, 2013 at 10:39 PM
ai3x
• • • •
p.3 #14 · p.3 #14 · OT (kind of): What car for a wedding photog???

I've got an '09 civic. Not a love car but does 46mpg, has a decent size boot and the back seats fold up as well as down (great for being able to keep the big bags of gear off display but still fit made up deep octa in the back.

Jan 15, 2013 at 11:38 PM
the_rebel
• • •
p.3 #15 · p.3 #15 · OT (kind of): What car for a wedding photog???

I like my car, however, some say it's not really practical though.
Then again, it's not like i drive every day so it works great for me ))

Jan 15, 2013 at 11:46 PM
Ziffl3
• • • •
p.3 #16 · p.3 #16 · OT (kind of): What car for a wedding photog???

XPO239 wrote:

~ARI

Any time you need an assist..... I have been tested driving stick in Israel, England and the US of A.

Jan 15, 2013 at 11:51 PM
Ziffl3
• • • •
p.3 #17 · p.3 #17 · OT (kind of): What car for a wedding photog???

Mitch W wrote:
Nice ride, Mark. I'd actually consider an F150. My neighbor has a modified F150 and it's amazing. The only thing is I like to be able to lock up what I'm hauling. Do you just throw everything into the cab?

Yes, the crew cab part is very handy. seats fold up.

all ready have had to transport the groom for a Persian wedding and a Bride with a long train.

Jan 15, 2013 at 11:52 PM
Ryszard K.

p.3 #18 · p.3 #18 · OT (kind of): What car for a wedding photog???

imaginephotoaz wrote:
Best part? 25mpg with 7 passenger seating. And they're cool as hell.

Http://www.fordflex.net/photos/data/500/photo6.jpg

my car does 63mpg....but only seats 5

Jan 16, 2013 at 12:03 AM
VetraLens
• •
p.3 #19 · p.3 #19 · OT (kind of): What car for a wedding photog???

Chris Beaumont wrote:
I've got an Alfa Romeo.....it's only broken down twice so far.

So how many days have you had it?

I kid, I kid. My dad went through a couple Alfas in the 80s...currently has a 1985 Fiat Spider.

Jan 16, 2013 at 04:53 AM
Chris Beaumont
• • • • •
p.3 #20 · p.3 #20 · OT (kind of): What car for a wedding photog???

VetraLens wrote:
So how many days have you had it?

I kid, I kid. My dad went through a couple Alfas in the 80s...currently has a 1985 Fiat Spider.

4 years it's been pretty good really, much better than the reputation suggests.

Granted one of the two times WAS on the way to a meeting....for some reason they STILL booked me.

Jan 16, 2013 at 02:15 PM
1       2      
       4       5       end

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       4       5       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password