Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2013 · unused nikon camera 4 sale

phlegmon
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · unused nikon camera 4 sale

You whiners should contact the seller if you have any questions or concerns.

The guy has good feedback, posts a fair price and provides his contact information. His number is available. Give him a call.

Jan 15, 2013 at 08:20 PM
Alan Ness
• • •
p.2 #2 · unused nikon camera 4 sale

I think some of you are speculating too much on this. I purchased this body from Wolfgang after communicating several times directly with him and it is on a FedEx tuck to me as I write this.

Alan

Jan 15, 2013 at 08:22 PM
woos
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #3 · unused nikon camera 4 sale

I'm so confused. The price wasn't unreasonably low, it was good but not like "oh wow it must be stolen" by any means. Especially with the d800 refurb deals going around and such.

People do stuff like this all the time, some reasons might be:

1. Buy something and decide it isn't what you want but don't want to return it (ethical reasons perhaps, or store charges large restocking fee, etc).

2. Buy something that you want to use for a month or two then sell it at a little loss, essentially getting a cheap rental.

Or, how about this (very very likely) one:

3. You get some rewards points with your credit card that you can only spend at a limited number of places OR you get a big gift card for one store, etc. You want cash instead and you want it now! So, what do you do? Buy something then sell it and price it so it sells fast. (this is quite common)

Jan 15, 2013 at 08:26 PM
Jun Zhou
• • •
p.2 #4 · unused nikon camera 4 sale

if seller provides original sale receipt, I don't see any reason you have to worry about it.

Jan 15, 2013 at 08:46 PM
huddy
• • •
p.2 #5 · unused nikon camera 4 sale

Geez. Why get pants all in a tizzy. Every so often, people buy and then change their minds but don't want to pay restocking fees or force the seller to mark something as open box, etc. I saw a reliable seller do this with some Fuji gear not too long ago also.

Jan 15, 2013 at 09:21 PM
ScottSchupbach
• • • •
p.2 #6 · unused nikon camera 4 sale

A couple years ago I purchased a nice 300/2.8 VR on the boards here.A few weeks later a 400/2.8 VR came up for sale and I needed to sell the 300 to fund it.I relisted the 300/2.8 VR, and nugeny comes along and posts in my add something to the effect there must be something wrong with the 300 since I was reselling it so soon.

Moral of the story is you should just ask the seller privately if you have questions about an item they are selling rather then start a thread condemming them.

Jan 15, 2013 at 09:48 PM
jim allison
• • •
p.2 #7 · unused nikon camera 4 sale

1) It is a used camera no matter what any of you folks think unless you happen to be a Nikon authorized dealer
2)The price is very high compared to the cost of a refirb
3)There are too many folks on FM who don't have a clue on what used stuff is actually worth.
They see something listed on FM or Fleebay and asume that the item sold for that price.This is simply wishful thinking. In many cases the item was never sold and was relisted. Look how long it has taken for many items to move on theB&S board. I like to look at the date of the original listing as one guide to my offering price.
4)that's my 2cents worth.

Jan 18, 2013 at 08:30 PM
Jim8EL
• • •
p.2 #8 · unused nikon camera 4 sale

ckcarr wrote:
I don't see this as a "tremendous deal."

$2,799 + 3% Paypal = $2,882.97

D800e camera bodies are now freely available for $3,299 with free shipping and a 30-day return policy.
This is not last April or May.You are saving $416, or 13% and losing warranty (technically) over new price....
That is why it is not selling.

If you are in a state that the dealer has to pay sales tax then the savings is for example (in New York)

3299 + 264 = 3,563 - 2883 = $680. Almost 21% savings. Got to look at the whole picture before you shoot from the hip. Look a little better now?

Jan 18, 2013 at 08:41 PM
hijazist
• • • •
p.2 #9 · unused nikon camera 4 sale

Seriously guys?! You are discussing whether a guy with 30 feedbacks is legit or a scam, in a public thread and in his face! Also discussing his price and his PayPal policy. The funniest thing those think tanks who are suggesting it's stolen. At least leave the person anonymous without attaching a direct link to his ad. Why not everyone who thinks a certain price is low posts a thread about his feelings about that? We can have public inquisitions, that would be fun.

"The next question is: why does he keep buying and then proceed to give it away? the truth is for sure not to be found by asking him."

Simple, none of anyone's business.

Edited on Jan 19, 2013 at 05:24 AM · View previous versions

Jan 18, 2013 at 10:45 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Avi B
• • • • •
p.2 #10 · unused nikon camera 4 sale

Yeah I see this thread as a form of price policing. Seriously, people, cut it out.

Jan 19, 2013 at 12:34 AM
runamuck
• • • • •
p.2 #11 · unused nikon camera 4 sale

I've been considering putting my D90 and a couple lenses up for sale. You are convincing me to just sell everything to KEH and avoid the Inquisition.

Jan 19, 2013 at 01:36 AM
M635_Guy
• • • •
p.2 #12 · unused nikon camera 4 sale

runamuck wrote:
I've been considering putting my D90 and a couple lenses up for sale. You are convincing me to just sell everything to KEH and avoid the Inquisition.

I don't understand this thread at all, but I'd bought and sold a lot here, and never had an issue. The world of photography seems to have more than its share of...personalities...but it shouldn't hold you back. If the extra money is important, I wouldn't hesitate to use the Buy/Sell here.

Jan 19, 2013 at 03:42 AM
Jun Zhou
• • •
p.2 #13 · unused nikon camera 4 sale

To be simple, if any person does not feel comfortable about Buy and Sell, he can always get brand new one from dealer and I don't see any point to start such thread.

Jan 19, 2013 at 05:24 AM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
p.2 #14 · unused nikon camera 4 sale

ScottSchupbach wrote:
A couple years ago I purchased a nice 300/2.8 VR on the boards here.A few weeks later a 400/2.8 VR came up for sale and I needed to sell the 300 to fund it.I relisted the 300/2.8 VR, and nugeny comes along and posts in my add something to the effect there must be something wrong with the 300 since I was reselling it so soon.

Moral of the story is you should just ask the seller privately if you have questions about an item they are selling rather then start a thread condemming them.

Another moral of the story is Bob Nugeny really needs to stop and think before he types. That goes for all of us, but Bob should not be making allegations, or eluding to what he sees as an issue with someone else without any proof at all.

Bob, if you see this, next time why not PM the person directly and ask them about the gear rather than pouring out your suspicions in public? Also, contact a moderator then next time you have a question or thought like this.

Jim

Jan 20, 2013 at 07:46 AM
mikereid27

p.2 #15 · unused nikon camera 4 sale

MY advice with anything ESPECIALLY ELECTRONICS, if it looks to good to be true, IT IS.

Jan 22, 2013 at 03:47 AM
VinnieJ
• • •
p.2 #16 · unused nikon camera 4 sale

mikerfns wrote:
"Add 3% for Regular PP."

Maybe another reason it remains unsold, since knowledgeable buyers know that adding a surcharge is a clear and blatant violation of the PayPal user agreement. Yes, I know lots of sellers do this (or try to), but it royally pisses me off anytime I see a seller expecting me to cover his selling fees. Build it into the selling price, or offer a discount for a cash/cheque/MO sale, but don't stick me with your transaction fees.

Well said. I know a few smaller vendors who are willing to discount their prices if a credit card is not used. Same principle.

Jan 22, 2013 at 02:13 PM
TaTaToothy

p.2 #17 · unused nikon camera 4 sale

As others have said, I can imagine any number of scenarios which might have led to this seller selling the body legitimately. I hope and expect it is as billed, and that Alan enjoys it in good health!

Jan 22, 2013 at 03:40 PM
       end

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password