FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              26      
       28              47       48       end

Archive 2013 · Metabones Speed Booster

cyberstudio
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.27 #1 · p.27 #1 · Metabones Speed Booster

There are no current plans to do active Fuji X.

By the way in the Canon FD world which lenses are the worst mirror offenders?

Mar 08, 2013 at 08:46 PM
inglis
• •
p.27 #2 · p.27 #2 · Metabones Speed Booster

Cyberstudio,
Is there any sense when the Canon FD MB will be available?

Mar 08, 2013 at 09:26 PM
buggz2k
• • •
p.27 #3 · p.27 #3 · Metabones Speed Booster

Bummer, I see there are existing ones for Alpa, Contax/Yashica, and Leica R to Fuji XF.
I was really hoping for more Fuji FX, especially an EOS, or Canon FD.
*8^(

cyberstudio wrote:
There are no current plans to do active Fuji X.

By the way in the Canon FD world which lenses are the worst mirror offenders?

Mar 08, 2013 at 11:04 PM
cyberstudio
• • •
p.27 #4 · p.27 #4 · Metabones Speed Booster

To clarify, there are no plans to do Fuji X with active electronics (i.e. Canon EF). The non-electronic ones are pretty much released in parallel with NEX - e.g. C/Y for NEX and C/Y for Fuji will be released at the same time.

Mar 09, 2013 at 01:33 AM
LeadyGonzales
• •
p.27 #5 · p.27 #5 · Metabones Speed Booster

... Zeiss Planar 85mm 1.4

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8378/8542541592_ccbefa8dce_h.jpg

Mar 09, 2013 at 11:53 AM
buggz2k
• • •
p.27 #6 · p.27 #6 · Metabones Speed Booster

Oh, non-electronic would be okay with me.
Though, I think both my 50/1.0L and 200/1.8L focuses electronically, and not mechanically?
I will have to test this, just got a RainbowImaging Fuji FX to Canon EOS adapter.

cyberstudio wrote:
To clarify, there are no plans to do Fuji X with active electronics (i.e. Canon EF). The non-electronic ones are pretty much released in parallel with NEX - e.g. C/Y for NEX and C/Y for Fuji will be released at the same time.

Mar 09, 2013 at 06:32 PM
Staxx

p.27 #7 · p.27 #7 · Metabones Speed Booster

brianc1959, cyberstudio, or somebody else.
Have information about MB-SB Pentax-Nex the plans and designs? Given that the needed remove the diaphragm pusher of the lens Pentax. MF Pentax only, not DA-series.

Edited on Mar 11, 2013 at 05:02 AM · View previous versions

Mar 11, 2013 at 03:37 AM
Photon-hunter
• • •
p.27 #8 · p.27 #8 · Metabones Speed Booster

cyberstudio wrote:
Currently in the prototyping stage. Hope everything goes well. Most likely we will see Minolta MD before Canon FD.

Bo-Ming
conurus

That´s awesome cyberstudio, thanks. Any rough estimation on how long before it is ready for distribution?

Thanks again!

Mar 11, 2013 at 04:00 AM
cyberstudio
• • •
p.27 #9 · p.27 #9 · Metabones Speed Booster

Staxx: we are also looking into Pentax K (lenses with manual aperture ring only). Again this is only a commitment to prototype, not to be contrued as a commitment to ship.

Photon-hunter: sorry don't have an estimated date.

I understand everyone is waiting for their favourite mount to be supported with great excitement. Metabones is working fiendishly on mount support, but at the end of the day, it is one step at a time. C/Y will be shipped first. We sure are not forgetting the others! We appreciate your patience in the mean time.

Mar 11, 2013 at 02:50 PM
Photon-hunter
• • •
p.27 #10 · p.27 #10 · Metabones Speed Booster

Sorry to bother you again and again, but since we have an "insider" here... Any idea whan the Canon EF-Nex Speed Boosters are going to be back in stock again?

Thanks!!

Mar 11, 2013 at 03:23 PM
artur5
• • •
p.27 #11 · p.27 #11 · Metabones Speed Booster

Cheers Bo-Ming. It's great to have you here chatting with us about the SB.
Have you thought of releasing adapters for Alpa bodies to other mounts -i.e. M42, PK, Nikon, Olympus, C/Y. Minolta MD, Leica-R, etc
As far as I know, the only existing adapters are vintage ( and expensive ) production from Alpa themselves. Given the short registry distance, the Alpa Speed Booster versions would the most versatile solution for adapting manual lenses, if there were adapters easily available.

Mar 11, 2013 at 05:17 PM
DanielT74

p.27 #12 · p.27 #12 · Metabones Speed Booster

artur5 wrote:
Cheers Bo-Ming. It's great to have you here chatting with us about the SB.
Have you thought of releasing adapters for Alpa bodies to other mounts -i.e. M42, PK, Nikon, Olympus, C/Y. Minolta MD, Leica-R, etc
As far as I know, the only existing adapters are vintage ( and expensive ) production from Alpa themselves. Given the short registry distance, the Alpa Speed Booster versions would the most versatile solution for adapting manual lenses, if there were adapters easily available.

Hear! Hear!

I would like to have adapters to Alpa and would even buy a set - FD-Alpa, Leica-R to Alpa, Nikon-Alpa, MD-Alpa. As far as I know only Nikon F and Leica R adapters were manufactured (also M42) but they are either impossible to find or command astronomical prices.

Mar 14, 2013 at 01:31 AM
artur5
• • •
p.27 #13 · p.27 #13 · Metabones Speed Booster

Beware if you find a vintage Leica R adapter for Alpa They're ONLY for Leicaflex compatible lenses ( i.e. not for modern ROM units).
Fortunately, the modification needed for using any Leica-R lens with this adapter is simple and a good machinist with a lathe will fix it in 5 minutes.
Concerning possible new adapters, I'm not an expert by any means, but I suspect that Alpa to Canon FD isn't possible.
The throat of the Canon FD mount is roughly the same diameter of the Alpa and there are only 4.2 mm. in registry difference. The fact that the FD is a breech lock system won't help, either.

Edited on Mar 15, 2013 at 02:00 PM · View previous versions

Mar 14, 2013 at 06:41 AM
Jman13
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.27 #14 · p.27 #14 · Metabones Speed Booster

cyberstudio wrote:

What about inactive EF to FujiX? This is the one I would most like, since you can then use simple mechanical adapters for Leica R, Olympus OM, C/Y, etc, plus mount native EF lenses without electronics (Rokinon's lenses, for example). While I know Metabones would rather have each person purchase 4 individual adapters, I can tell you I will never purchase simply a C/Y adapter, or simply a Leica R adapter, but a non-active EF and a Canon FD....very possible.

Mar 14, 2013 at 06:45 AM
Atlasman2
• • •
p.27 #15 · p.27 #15 · Metabones Speed Booster

I found Speed Booster to at least preserve image quality if not improve on it.

© Joseph Ferrari 2013

NEX-7, EF 85mm f1.8 Speed Booster

© Joseph Ferrari 2013

5DMKII, EF 85mm f1.8

© Joseph Ferrari 2013

NEX-7, EF 85mm f1.8 without SB

Mar 14, 2013 at 01:32 PM
DanielT74

p.27 #16 · p.27 #16 · Metabones Speed Booster

artur5 wrote:
Beware if you find a vintage Leica R adapter for Alpa They're ONLY for Leicaflex compatible lenses ( i.e. not for modern ROM units).
Fortuntaley, the modification needed for using any Leica-R lens with this adapter is simple and a good machinist with a lathe will fix it in 5 minutes.
Concerning possible new adapters, I'm not an expert by any means, but I suspect that Alpa to Canon FD isn't possible.
The throat of the Canon FD mount is roughy the same diameter of the Alpa and there are only 4.2 mm. in registry difference. The fact that the FD is
...Show more

Thank you for the warning on Leica-R adapters!

Again if any of the insiders read this - Metabones (and other companies) please release adapters for Alpa! We will buy them!!!

Mar 14, 2013 at 05:14 PM
michael49
• • • • •
p.27 #17 · p.27 #17 · Metabones Speed Booster

Atlasman2 wrote:

Nice samples, thanks.

Mar 14, 2013 at 07:08 PM
Staxx

p.27 #18 · p.27 #18 · Metabones Speed Booster

Atlasman2 wrote:

Can be seen in high resolution?

Mar 15, 2013 at 12:31 AM
Atlasman2
• • •
p.27 #19 · p.27 #19 · Metabones Speed Booster

Staxx wrote:
Can be seen in high resolution?

The NEX-7 and Speed Booster produce exceptional images

© Joseph Ferrari 2013

100% crop of the first picture

Mar 15, 2013 at 11:39 AM
Calidreamin

p.27 #20 · p.27 #20 · Metabones Speed Booster

Okay guys.

Can anyone advise on a few things?

I' m a NEX 5n user and have been collecting and enjoying glass such as the (Summicron 50, CV 35 2.5, CV 40 and Hexanon M 28 and a Pen F 42mm 1.2. All of which I intend to use one day on a NEX FF (Pen prob won't work in FF) as I ideally like these lens for what they are will be and not with the 1.5 crop factor, but work for the time being.

So until the FF comes out, I'm looking for quality fast manual focus lenses (not interested in autofocus) that will appear in the 35-50mm range on a speed booster. I'm more familiar with the m mount world and not so much on what could attach to the speed booster.

Anyone have any suggestions for a top quality lens? So far I was thinking of the CY Planar 50mm 1.4 as possible candidate as an anytime lens. Looking for the best of the best here...

Ideally 40mm (field of view) is my sweet spot.

Additionally, for what I'm wanting to do, and that is have an anytime fast lens in the 40mm range, is it worth going the speed booster route, to achieve higher quality or am I set with my current set of lenses for now? The Pen F is esp nice, albeit at 60mm…too tight for me.

Maybe someone has been in a similar situation and had a positive experience with the speed booster?

Thoughts? Thanks!

Mar 15, 2013 at 02:57 PM

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.