Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              20      
       22              47       48       end

Archive 2013 · Metabones Speed Booster

mortyb
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.21 #1 · Metabones Speed Booster

serhan_, the CZJ 135mm 3.5 shot is great!

Feb 05, 2013 at 11:27 AM
inglis
• •
p.21 #2 · Metabones Speed Booster

At dusk the Contax 3.4 35-70 seemed to be vignetting at the edges of the corners at 35 and 70, but now in daylight I do not see it!

Feb 05, 2013 at 02:22 PM
Brody LeBlanc
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.21 #3 · Metabones Speed Booster

I just browsed over the thread, and didn't see any info so I'm hoping I'm not asking something that's already been covered... but does anyone know if Metabones plans on releasing a Nikon F to Fuji X SB or a EOS to Fuji X SB?
I'm considering the R to X adapter, but only if there are no plans of the above mentioned adapters.
I really need a 35mm equivalent on my X-Pro1 so I'm thinking the R to X with the Leica 35/2 might work.

Feb 06, 2013 at 01:32 AM
ken.vs.ryu
• • • •
p.21 #4 · Metabones Speed Booster

nikon f to x sb is coming.

Feb 06, 2013 at 02:01 AM
ken.vs.ryu
• • • •
p.21 #5 · Metabones Speed Booster

inglis wrote:
At dusk the Contax 3.4 35-70 seemed to be vignetting at the edges of the corners at 35 and 70, but now in daylight I do not see it!

which contax lenses have you tried? do you have the eos sb and are using a c/y to eos adapter? thanks.

Feb 06, 2013 at 02:07 AM
zhangyue
• • • •
p.21 #6 · Metabones Speed Booster

Brody LeBlanc wrote:
I just browsed over the thread, and didn't see any info so I'm hoping I'm not asking something that's already been covered... but does anyone know if Metabones plans on releasing a Nikon F to Fuji X SB or a EOS to Fuji X SB?
I'm considering the R to X adapter, but only if there are no plans of the above mentioned adapters.
I really need a 35mm equivalent on my X-Pro1 so I'm thinking the R to X with the Leica 35/2 might work.

Yeh! Now you got 35lux without cost AnL
That is similar thought in my mind.

Feb 06, 2013 at 02:23 AM
inglis
• •
p.21 #7 · Metabones Speed Booster

NEX to EF SB with Contax 50 1.4, 35-70 3.4, 28-85 3.3-4, and 100-300 4.5-5.6 on a 5n
The last two have some vignetting. Just used the cheapest Fotodiox EF to C/Y adapter and they seem fine, even at infinity.
Mike Broomfield linked many comparisons between lenses above including some C/Ys, on Nex 7 and 5d or 1ds,
mike_broomfield/speed_booster

Feb 06, 2013 at 02:29 AM
serhan_
• •
p.21 #8 · Metabones Speed Booster

Thanks mortyb.
mortyb wrote:
serhan_ the CZJ 135mm 3.5 shot is great!

Thanks for further testing the lens. I tested my Oly 21mm in close focus to newspapers and I found the extreme corner softness is caused by the lens+SB curvature. When I focus on the corners, then the softness is gone. When I focus in the center, I see a red focused points inside a circle vs corners are not focus lighted. Stopping down might help for some lenses but maybe not at the wide angles.
inglis wrote:

Contax 28 AE 2.8, 50mm AE 1.4, 85 MM 1.4 worked for me w/ c/y eos adapter + SB.
ken.vs.ryu wrote:
which contax lenses have you tried? do you have the eos sb and are using a c/y to eos adapter? thanks.

Feb 06, 2013 at 03:20 AM
Brody LeBlanc
• • •
p.21 #9 · Metabones Speed Booster

ken.vs.ryu wrote:
nikon f to x sb is coming.

Is this a definite thing? If so, I'll hold off getting the SB R to X or the SB Alpa to X adapter.
AFAIK, neither mounts seem to have many lens adapters available to them (as in Nikon F to Alpa or Nikon F to R.)
For good a reason, adapters are more commonly made so R and Alpa lenses can be used on other systems.
Can anyone explain the logic for making the Alpa speedbooster one of the first ones to go public?
From a sales point of view, wouldn't a Nikon F (Ai/Ai-s/AF-d most likely) to E/X adapter make more sense, or an OM or Minolta?

Feb 06, 2013 at 03:32 AM
zhangyue
• • • •
p.21 #10 · Metabones Speed Booster

I read somewhere that metabone owner is alpha shooter. More version will come for sure. I see no reason they are not.

Feb 06, 2013 at 04:56 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

ken.vs.ryu
• • • •
p.21 #11 · Metabones Speed Booster

http://www.getdpi.com/forum/commercial-vendor-sales-services/43340-metabones-adapters-speed-booster.html

Now accepting pre-orders for these.

(1)Canon EF to NEX adapter (Ver.2) - US$399

(2)Canon EF to NEX (SB) - $599
(3)Leica R to NEX (SB) - $399
(4)Nikon F to NEX (SB) - $429
(5)ALPA to NEX (SB) - $449
(6)Contarex to NEX (SB) - $449
(7)Contax CY to NEX (SB) - $399
(8)Rollei HFT to NEX (SB) - $429

(9)Leica R to Fuji x-mount (SB) - $399
(10)Nikon F to Fuji x-mount (SB) - $429
(11)ALPA to Fuji x-mount (SB) - $449
(12)Contarex to Fuji x-mount (SB) - $449
(13)Contax CY to Fuji x-mount (SB) - $399
(14)Rollie HFT to Fuji x-mount (SB) - $429

Future mounts are in the works.

Also will be accepting
...Show more

Feb 06, 2013 at 10:55 AM
_julian_
• •
p.21 #12 · Metabones Speed Booster

I am sure the point has already been made. But I wish Metabones would produce one SB with the expensive optics, and then employ cheaper interchangeable final mount adapters. It should be able to handle most cases where no comms/electronics are required to interface with the lens. Many who are interested in this product likely have multiple lenses that they would like to use making the purchase of several adapters very expensive.

Feb 06, 2013 at 11:15 AM
alundeb
• • • •
p.21 #13 · Metabones Speed Booster

_julian_ wrote:
I am sure the point has already been made. But I wish Metabones would produce one SB with the expensive optics, and then employ cheaper interchangeable final mount adapters. It should be able to handle most cases where no comms/electronics are required to interface with the lens. Many who are interested in this product likely have multiple lenses that they would like to use making the purchase of several adapters very expensive.

I think it is fine the way it is, with the EF version I can already do that to get to N and R.

If somebody don't want the extra cost and alignment issues with passive adapters, they can buy the R or N version only.

It's a win-win.

Feb 06, 2013 at 11:41 AM
nixland
• • •
p.21 #14 · Metabones Speed Booster

ken.vs.ryu wrote:
http://www.getdpi.com/forum/commercial-vendor-sales-services/43340-metabones-adapters-speed-booster.html

Why there's no Canon EF to Fuji x-mount SB ?
It's useful for using EOS modified FD and Rokkor lenses and also the Canon TSE lens on XE-1 .... specially if I want to traveling light ..

Feb 06, 2013 at 11:46 AM
dpap1978
• •
p.21 #15 · Metabones Speed Booster

Has anyone managed to return their sb? I have sent metabones three emails about returning my adapter and I have received no response...

Feb 06, 2013 at 02:06 PM
SoulNibbler
• •
p.21 #16 · Metabones Speed Booster

grrr, no cheap way to go m42, unless I'm completely wrong, the ALPA m42 adapters seem to be very rare and expensive.

Feb 06, 2013 at 03:13 PM
Snopchenko
• • • •
p.21 #17 · Metabones Speed Booster

nixland wrote:
Why there's no Canon EF to Fuji x-mount SB ?
It's useful for using EOS modified FD and Rokkor lenses and also the Canon TSE lens on XE-1 .... specially if I want to traveling light ..

Maybe they haven't yet decoded the X mount communication protocol, thus enabling all the electronic functions like they did with the EF to E mount adapter?

Feb 06, 2013 at 03:16 PM
sebboh
• • • • • •
p.21 #18 · Metabones Speed Booster

alundeb wrote:
I think it is fine the way it is, with the EF version I can already do that to get to N and R.

If somebody don't want the extra cost and alignment issues with passive adapters, they can buy the R or N version only.

It's a win-win.

no minolta SR mount though.

i can convert my 58/1.2 to canon in 5 minutes, but it will still be a pain every time i want to switch it between film and digital. also, my other rokkors are much more complicated conversion (perhaps incompatible with speedboost?). finally that ef version is an extra $200 that gives me no value. i'd love a general speedboost adapter with different mounts that could be attached (using screws to decrease alignment issues).

Feb 06, 2013 at 04:58 PM
alundeb
• • • •
p.21 #19 · Metabones Speed Booster

sebboh wrote:
no minolta SR mount though.

i can convert my 58/1.2 to canon in 5 minutes, but it will still be a pain every time i want to switch it between film and digital. also, my other rokkors are much more complicated conversion (perhaps incompatible with speedboost?). finally that ef version is an extra $200 that gives me no value. i'd love a general speedboost adapter with different mounts that could be attached (using screws to decrease alignment issues).

OTOH a cheaper generic SB without EF electronics would be useless to me since I want to use EF lenses also. So it would not be universally generic. But it would of course be nice for you who don't intend to use EF lenses to have the other option. The other question is, did anybody successfully mount a Canon converted 58/1.2 without rear glass issues?

Feb 06, 2013 at 05:05 PM
Brody LeBlanc
• • •
p.21 #20 · Metabones Speed Booster

ken.vs.ryu wrote:

These two seem like the best contenders.
I'm thinking a good starting point could be the CV 40/2 with the F to X SB adapter.

Feb 06, 2013 at 07:15 PM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password