Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3       4      
       end

Archive 2013 · What is your favorite Landscape lens ?

pinball_pw
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.5 #1 · What is your favorite Landscape lens ?

Zeiss 21mm 2.8 ZE

Feb 10, 2013 at 09:30 PM
subjectochange
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.5 #2 · What is your favorite Landscape lens ?

I know the OP has clarified that this is a discussion more about your most popular lenses used for landscape, but I kind of like the original question: what is your favorite landscape lens?

This is sort of unorthodox, but my favorite landscape lens of late has been the 85 1.2. There's something special about the subject isolation it can produce both by its perspective and shallow DOF. It gives me capabilities that no other lens in my kit can, but it is mostly for special cases. I enjoy opportunities that arise in landscape photography that do not have to be limited to vast DOF or UWA views.

That said, so far my most used landscape lens has been my 24 1.4, and I even use it at 1.4 on occasion. I also use my 70-200 2.8 II quite a bit. However with the arrival of my new TS-E 17, I'm excited about the new possibilities opened up with T/S functions.

Best advice I can give to the OP: learn and understand why others have chosen their lenses, and then experiment. You don't have to limit yourself to a "traditional" landscape setup or philosophy if that doesn't fit your style.

Feb 10, 2013 at 09:33 PM
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password