Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2013 · CS5 to CS6: What will I gain?

RKnecht
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · CS5 to CS6: What will I gain?

Thanks for all of the input. I downloaded the trial of LR and so far, just like before, I actually prefer Nikon NX2. Call me weird or backwards, but NX2 just works for me. I'm not going to uninstall LR yet, as I want to really give it a shot.

Did the CS6 upgrade today and haven't had the chance to really give it a try. So far, the only gripe I have is with the crop tool. I know this has been mentioned a million times, but why did they "fix" something that wasn't broken to begin with?

Jan 16, 2013 at 11:44 PM
Mr Mouse
• • •
p.2 #2 · CS5 to CS6: What will I gain?

James_N wrote:
There are a few related to running Actions but mostly because of the underlying changes in the Javascript engine. Eventually you tune out people like Mr. Mouse because instead of embracing the changes they prefer to complain.

Yes I do not embrace Bugs why would one embrace bugs?

Bugs are Bugs not changes in Photoshop versions behavior. Javascript has nothing to do with actions. Adobe has acknowledge the bug report I have submitted are Photoshop bugs and Adobe has stated they may fix the bugs in some future release. Adobe has also acknowledged other users bug reports are bugs and is even working on some. One would think Adobe would fix bugs but they don't even commit to fixing them. When thing don't work as documented and Photoshop aborts things with internal Photoshop errors its a bug it is not proper execution even Photoshop knows its encountered a problem. Check out Adobe Bug report site yourself http://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/problems/recent

When actions don't play back like they were recorded its a bug. When script run into Photoshop internal errors these are Photoshop's errors not scripting errors. Some of these bugs can be avoided by not using some Photoshop options and changing an Adobe CS6 Default Preference setting. They are still bugs some can not even be programmed around some can be programmed around. Even if one can program around a newly introduced bug it a pain to have to edit Action and add steps to bypass bugs. Add code to test which version of Photoshop is executing and program around bugs just to get your scripts and plug-ins to work in buggy versions of Photoshop.

You may embrace bugs I do not.

Jan 17, 2013 at 05:07 PM
Origin Unknown
• •
p.2 #3 · CS5 to CS6: What will I gain?

The adaptive wide angle is a biggie for me, it's damn handy that as a feature on its own in CS6! Adobe sure know how to dangle the carrot on the stick that's for sure!!!!

Jun 02, 2013 at 11:24 AM
Paul Gardner
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #4 · CS5 to CS6: What will I gain?

Try DXO's ViewPoint for a better AWA. Adobe is rapidly becoming superfluous as more companies jump into the fray.

Jun 03, 2013 at 02:13 PM
       end

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password