Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2013 · Cheer Photos: Why? Why Not? ...

Fish On
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · Cheer Photos: Why? Why Not? ...

Russ,

I know this answer is pretty obvious but for me it's very much like shooting an action image where you are trying to get the best shot. The cheerleaders need to be covered too as someone already mentioned where they're part of the event. You want to get the best shot, be it for looks, action, colors, enthusiasm...etc. Maybe it's just like you said, it's the male gene in us where they're flirting with the photographer and want you to take the picture. Then so be it.

Take at look at image #11. Out of the five that are are up in the air, she has the best pose, be it in her hands, her face and smile. The third one from the right doesn't look like she wants to be there based on the look on her face. Maybe that's why you posted that one of her or maybe she was the closest one to take a pic of but she had the best pose.

Just my .02..

Nice images btw. #3 for me

Jan 13, 2013 at 08:08 PM
sandman22
• • •
p.2 #2 · Cheer Photos: Why? Why Not? ...

I think you have good taste....

Jan 14, 2013 at 12:28 AM
Russ Isabella
• • • • •
p.2 #3 · Cheer Photos: Why? Why Not? ...

Thanks, Bob. I appreciate your comment.

Good points, Jerry. Thanks for your response.

Ben:

Jan 14, 2013 at 04:06 AM
MakoShark
• • •
p.2 #4 · Cheer Photos: Why? Why Not? ...

I cant help think that the person making the accusations should be asked the reasoning for pointing this out. Nobody complains when there are dozens of Jordan shots and half as many for Pippen. Or better yet how come so many photos of Maria Sharapova compared to the person she is competing against? This person lacks a bit of common sense and I wonder what the deeper motive is.

You always capture the most vibrant, outgoing and warm personalities from athletes to spectators. I would say that this person has insecurities of their own for even thinking about implying anything as such. I mean that is a very respectful way.

Just my .02

Killer set as always. The black and white just seems so timeless and classic to me. It cold have been taken years ago or perhaps years ahead.

Jan 14, 2013 at 06:08 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Steven King
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #5 · Cheer Photos: Why? Why Not? ...

Russ,
Keep shooting them, as long as they're on the sidelines, keep shooting. Your shots are tasteful and well done, and as long as it's part of the game, shoot away my friend. Nuf Said.

Jan 15, 2013 at 12:55 AM
Russ Isabella
• • • • •
p.2 #6 · Cheer Photos: Why? Why Not? ...

I appreciate the sentiment, Manny. Thanks for your supportive words.

Steven: Will do! Thanks for the encouragement.

Jan 15, 2013 at 05:55 AM
Caleb Williams
• • • •
p.2 #7 · Cheer Photos: Why? Why Not? ...

Russ Isabella wrote:
A few days ago I came across a blog of sorts that often uses my photos from Jazz games (legally, working through USA TODAY Sports Images). This particular post was taking me to task, by name, for the nature of the images I was uploading. Some of this was about there being more photos of James Harden than Paul Milsap (easily explained when you consider I've got 40 chances to shoot Milsap and maybe 2 or 3 to shoot Harden). But in addition, at the same time this blogger gleefully posted a couple of my images of one of
...Show more
Seriously, you've hit the big time when people are taking the time to make a whole blog post about your work! Russ, just don't show it to your wife. She might not understand. Sounds like a good research topic to me -- why do photographers take the photos they do?

- Caleb

Jan 15, 2013 at 06:17 PM
indyjones
• • •
p.2 #8 · Cheer Photos: Why? Why Not? ...

**chews on some popcorn**

Jan 15, 2013 at 06:47 PM
       end

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password