Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Anyone tried to recell a Quantum PB1 Battery?

Sellerman

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Anyone tried to recell a Quantum PB1 Battery?

Hi. Just wondering if anyone has tried to re-cell a quantum PB1 battery? If so, how did you do it and what battery was inside?

Thanks

Jan 10, 2013 at 06:51 PM
Michael White
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · Anyone tried to recell a Quantum PB1 Battery?

Which one is the pb? I've recalled the turbo and qb1s before not hard. Remove screws, undo wires from neg and pos posts attach to new cell a nd reassemble

Jan 11, 2013 at 06:00 AM
Sellerman

p.1 #3 · Anyone tried to recell a Quantum PB1 Battery?

Michael White wrote:
Which one is the pb? I've recalled the turbo and qb1s before not hard. Remove screws, undo wires from neg and pos posts attach to new cell a nd reassemble

PB1 for the Qpaq System. I have done turbos too but can't seem to find any info on the PBs. I know the obvious solution is to send it to Quantum,.. but where's the fun in that?

Jan 11, 2013 at 06:05 AM
watkinssr
• • •
p.1 #4 · Anyone tried to recell a Quantum PB1 Battery?

I did mine, it's easy.

Jan 13, 2013 at 01:20 AM
watkinssr
• • •
p.1 #5 · Anyone tried to recell a Quantum PB1 Battery?

Just take out the screws, take the SLA inside down to Batteries plus and match it up. put it back together. Just don't lose any of the parts, quantum doesn't sell the parts.

Jan 13, 2013 at 01:21 AM
ukphotographer
• • •
p.1 #6 · Anyone tried to recell a Quantum PB1 Battery?

Changing the PB1 is pretty easy. After removing the four small screw covers and screws on the sides of the ridges at each end of the battery you can separate the two side covers to reveal the battery and sponge packing. Remove the packing and disconnect the battery terminals. In the PB1 the battery is a PowerSonic PS-1230 12v 3.4Ahr (or equivalent). Fit a new battery, and you should be sorted. It should cost you about $15.

There is a charging circuit board in the battery which if really abused, or if subject to an over powered charger can burn out. If this happens, then Quantum will need to replace it.

Jan 13, 2013 at 04:42 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Sellerman

p.1 #7 · Anyone tried to recell a Quantum PB1 Battery?

Quick confirmation before I do this, are the screws (4) covered by the rubber things at the bottom of the battery?

Jan 13, 2013 at 10:45 PM
ukphotographer
• • •
p.1 #8 · Anyone tried to recell a Quantum PB1 Battery?

Sellerman wrote:
Quick confirmation before I do this, are the screws (4) covered by the rubber things at the bottom of the battery?

No.

They're on alternate sides of the ridges at the ends of the battery pack, below the mounting lugs.

Jan 13, 2013 at 11:33 PM
Sellerman

p.1 #9 · Anyone tried to recell a Quantum PB1 Battery?

Thanks. I see them. Working on it now.

Jan 14, 2013 at 12:15 AM
Sellerman

p.1 #10 · Anyone tried to recell a Quantum PB1 Battery?

The battery on mine was a Panasonic LC-R123R4P.. its a bit hard to remove the connectors. Any tips?

Jan 15, 2013 at 09:18 PM
wilt
• • •
p.1 #11 · Anyone tried to recell a Quantum PB1 Battery?

I've replaced the SLA batteries on two models of Quantums...Turbo and QB2. Terminal clips merely slide off (parallel to top surface of battery)

Jan 19, 2013 at 03:32 AM

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password