Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2013 · Sell 5D2 and 1D4 for 5D3?

saneproduction
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Sell 5D2 and 1D4 for 5D3?

Have to say that moving from 5DII to 5DIII is just such a huge difference. I did not think it would be, but for me it is night and day. Just did the a job for a client that I had done similar work for another time and the photos are so much better and the keeper rate is phenomenal. I also got the 24-70 2.8LII since then...

Jan 11, 2013 at 04:47 AM
dmahar

p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Sell 5D2 and 1D4 for 5D3?

Jo

I just came back from 3 weeks shooting BIF etc. in Antarctica with 5diii, 7d, 100-400 & 300 2.8. Get the 5diii you will not regret it. After my first day shooting the 7d was relegated to back-up only status. The 5diii nailed focus on anything I threw at it.

Cheers

D

Jan 11, 2013 at 10:01 AM
Paul Mo
• • • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Sell 5D2 and 1D4 for 5D3?

dmahar wrote:
Jo

The 5diii nailed focus on anything I threw at it.

Cheers

D

How fast are things moving down there?

Jan 11, 2013 at 10:41 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

OwlsEyes
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Sell 5D2 and 1D4 for 5D3?

More on af tracking... was out shooting tundra swans on a 5 degree F morning in very cold and ice conditions. With my former 7D and 1D mark iii I could track these birds moving across the field with a pan, IS on and my 300 f2.8L. On sunday, the flight pattern changed such that the birds were flying towards me landing feet first. This is the real af test and one that my cameras have always failed. This sunday was the first time that I nailed 7 out of 10 (or better shots). The AF picks up on the bird quickly. If you define the af point you want (say the eye or bill), the AF keeps on this as you try to adjust your own composition.... absolutely amazing. The lead image of my recent blog post (see previous comment on page one) shows a bird flying at me before hitting the "breaks" for a landing.

So Jo... I change my mind... if you can live without the crop, get the 5D iii.
cheers,
bruce

Jan 11, 2013 at 11:57 AM
dmahar

p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Sell 5D2 and 1D4 for 5D3?

Paul

Some of the small sea birds were moving fast and we were often shooting from a moving zodiac in rough seas so I think it was a good test of the 5diii af tracking ability. Likewise catching penguins and killer whales porpoising was a stern test.

Cheers

Doug

Jan 11, 2013 at 12:02 PM
Jo Dilbeck
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Sell 5D2 and 1D4 for 5D3?

Thanks Guys! That's the kind of stuff I was really hoping to hear. I've pulled the trigger on a 5D3 and am selling the 5D2 and 7D, can't wait to try that improved AF on BIF with my 100-400!

Thanks!
Jo

Jan 11, 2013 at 04:17 PM
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password