Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3      
       end

Archive 2013 · Zeiss 135/2 APO available for pre-order at B&H

wiseguy010
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #1 · p.4 #1 · Zeiss 135/2 APO available for pre-order at B&H

Just saw an interview with a Zeiss-representative on zeissrumors.com. From this I understand that Zeiss is working on some longer tele-options and a new macro. There seem to be a lot of people who asked for the latter. I wil wait for that before I decide to replace my 100 with the 135.

Here the full interview:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=rUYWlpe_124

Jan 24, 2013 at 11:57 AM
freaklikeme
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #2 · p.4 #2 · Zeiss 135/2 APO available for pre-order at B&H

philip_pj wrote:
I bet a lot of folks do not even know Leica made a 135mm R lens. The best 135mm lens Leica made was embedded in a couple of big zoom lenses, probably.

I like my Canadian Elmarit-R. I'd say it's as good a performer at f/4 as the 80-200/4 at 135, but you're right, in the R-line, the best 135 is likely the 70-180/2.8. I don't think I'll ever sell my Elmarit, though. Its build quality suggests it can survive quite a bit, and it was a relative bargain given its performance, so it ends up going places my more personally prized lenses don't.

Overall, I'd say the best 135 Leica's produced is the APO-M 135/3.4. If the Zeiss lens is close to that performance or better, I am going to be a happy man.

Jan 25, 2013 at 11:27 PM
1       2       3      
       end

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password