FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

Archive 2013 · Leica M240

edwardkaraa
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · Leica M240

Jpegs OOC. All what they tell me is that default jpegs are very conservatively processed and look flat and soft.

Jan 16, 2013 at 02:12 AM
Keith B.
• • •
p.3 #2 · p.3 #2 · Leica M240

anthonysemone wrote:
Anybody besides Steve Huff and Lloyd got info/experience with this camera? I'm really surprised KR isn't all over it

Lloyd has not claimed, to my knowledge, to have handled the new M. Don't know about Mr. Huff.

Jan 16, 2013 at 09:36 PM
douglasf13
• • • • •
p.3 #3 · p.3 #3 · Leica M240

naturephoto1 wrote:
Wayne,

The Nikon D800/800E cameras are massive and I would suspect from handling the Canon cameras too large for my hands. Additionally, going the Nikon route not only means Leitaxing the lenses but it would surely be very inconvenient to go back to shoot film on my R4SP, R7, or R8.

Rich

Have you tried the Canon 6D? It has a smaller grip and body than the 5Diii: link to size:

Jan 17, 2013 at 02:14 PM
naturephoto1
• • • • • •
p.3 #4 · p.3 #4 · Leica M240

douglasf13 wrote:
Have you tried the Canon 6D? It has a smaller grip and body than the 5Diii: link to size:

Doug,

I did try the Canon 6D at Photoplus in October. It was a little smaller and a bit more comfortable. Believe it or not, as I recall the Canon Reps said that you could not change the screen in the camera. I believe others here on FM have indicated yes you can. So, if our own members are correct, they appear to know more about the camera than Canon's own staff..

Rich

Jan 17, 2013 at 04:14 PM
douglasf13
• • • • •
p.3 #5 · p.3 #5 · Leica M240

naturephoto1 wrote:
Doug,

I did try the Canon 6D at Photoplus in October. It was a little smaller and a bit more comfortable. Believe it or not, as I recall the Canon Reps said that you could not change the screen in the camera. I believe others here on FM have indicated yes you can. So, if our own members are correct, they appear to know more about the camera than Canon's own staff..

Rich

If I remember correctly, you can't change the screen in the 5Diii, but you can in the 6D.

Jan 18, 2013 at 03:56 PM
mawz
• • • • • •
p.3 #6 · p.3 #6 · Leica M240

naturephoto1 wrote:
Wayne,

The Nikon D800/800E cameras are massive and I would suspect from handling the Canon cameras too large for my hands. Additionally, going the Nikon route not only means Leitaxing the lenses but it would surely be very inconvenient to go back to shoot film on my R4SP, R7, or R8.

Rich

Rich, I've got smallish hands and find the grip on the D800 and D600 to be too bloody small to be comfortable. Give them a whirl. I'm actually looking at the 5D's in part because of the larger grip (I may not like big bodies, but if I'm stuck with one, I want a grip that actually fills my hand), as a compatriot to my NEX-7.

Your R's in this case can be replaced by a FM2n/FE2/FM3a and a F100 or F6 for film shooting, and you'll gain capability, particularly with the FM3a/F6 combo.

Jan 19, 2013 at 07:43 PM
RudeMood
• •
p.3 #7 · p.3 #7 · Leica M240

This wait is killing me. I want mine now!

Feb 25, 2013 at 09:52 PM
1       2      
       end

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.