1       2       3              6      
       8       9       10       end

Archive 2013 · Fuji X100s!

rattymouse
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.7 #1 · p.7 #1 · Fuji X100s!

Tom K. wrote:
This will be a camera I will purchase. Perfect for those times I don't want to lug around the 5D mark iii.

💖

I ditched all my Canon gear for Fujifilm. Canon is so conservative a company that they just bore me.

Jan 11, 2013 at 03:38 AM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.7 #2 · p.7 #2 · Fuji X100s!

I guess it depends on what you photograph. My 1DX, 1DIV, and 5DII might be boring, but they're tonnes better than my X100 and X-Pro 1 for most applications.

Jan 11, 2013 at 07:49 AM
teh_rebel
• • •
p.7 #3 · p.7 #3 · Fuji X100s!

jcolwell wrote:
I guess it depends on what you photograph. My 1DX, 1DIV, and 5DII might be boring, but they're tonnes better than my X100 and X-Pro 1 for most applications.

yup. specially for weddings, i gotta stick with my canons. although i bring the xp1 with me for getting ready shots and sometimes pull it out for other stuff as well but definitely not as primary camera.

but since majority of my glass are MF, I can use them on both my 5DII and XP1

Jan 11, 2013 at 10:02 AM
esanchez
• • • •
p.7 #4 · p.7 #4 · Fuji X100s!

No matter how boring Canon is the Fuji X system can't compete with the Canon SLR as far as speed & ergonomics for changing settings. Fuji is not there yet. NO way I could ditch all my Canon equipment. Makes a great addition though.... :-)

Jan 11, 2013 at 10:12 AM
ssnap
• •
p.7 #5 · p.7 #5 · Fuji X100s!

I just sold all of my Canon gear this week because it has barely been used in months. I'm not a pro so I don't have to worry about covering weddings or events.

Jan 11, 2013 at 10:39 AM
weezintrumpete
• • • •
p.7 #6 · p.7 #6 · Fuji X100s!

This update basically makes the X100 perfect.

Jan 11, 2013 at 03:35 PM
ricardovaste
• • • •
p.7 #7 · p.7 #7 · Fuji X100s!

Well yes, if I were just shooting for pleasure (and I don't mean that in a derogatory manor which people sometimes apply to such phrases) I could quite easily own only a fixed lens camera like this. I'd probably want a few other options sitting around, but for day-to-day enjoyment something like this is perfect from my experience (having used a fixed lens 35mm rangefinder for similar purposes).

Anyone heard any news on when/if a black version will be available?

Jan 11, 2013 at 03:43 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
p.7 #8 · p.7 #8 · Fuji X100s!

ricardovaste wrote:
...Anyone heard any news on when/if a black version will be available?

Got paint?

P.S. why're you asking, seeing as it appears you're not really interested... or are you?

Jan 11, 2013 at 03:48 PM
ricardovaste
• • • •
p.7 #9 · p.7 #9 · Fuji X100s!

I've clearly expressed confused interest, that counts right? I'm pretty much set on an X100 or X100S, but do not know if it's worth twice the cost + iffy sensor...

Jan 11, 2013 at 03:55 PM
DTOB
• • •
p.7 #10 · p.7 #10 · Fuji X100s!

If you are worried about one costing twice as much as the other, I'll make things simple for you. I'll sell you my X100 for $1300 (plus taxes and shipping...of course).

Jan 11, 2013 at 04:23 PM
ricardovaste
• • • •
p.7 #11 · p.7 #11 · Fuji X100s!

I'm sure there is humour in there somewhere but it's lost on me due to being rather tired. UK X100 BRAND NEW is £550. UK X100S is £1100. The difference isn't the same in the US, hence why no one really cares

Jan 11, 2013 at 04:27 PM
DTOB
• • •
p.7 #12 · p.7 #12 · Fuji X100s!

Sorry, I must have forgotten to include a

Jan 11, 2013 at 04:30 PM
mirkoc
• • •
p.7 #13 · p.7 #13 · Fuji X100s!

Although I like the look of the camera from the front a lot (perhaps it's the most stylish camera of all), the back side, the one you look as a photographer, just isn't elegant. I can't help it. Not that I am a potential customer at the moment, but I would really like it was more clean and simple. Yes, it has great features and the concept is phenomenal and I applaud to Fuji for listening the customers and giving its best to improve it. I haven't seen one in person, I may change my position, I admit.
Does anyone feel the same?

Jan 11, 2013 at 04:31 PM
ricardovaste
• • • •
p.7 #14 · p.7 #14 · Fuji X100s!

DTOB wrote:
Sorry, I must have forgotten to include a

Ah, I get it now

Jan 11, 2013 at 04:32 PM
ricardovaste
• • • •
p.7 #15 · p.7 #15 · Fuji X100s!

mirkoc wrote:
Although I like the look of the camera from the front a lot (perhaps it's the most stylish camera of all), the back side, the one you look as a photographer, just isn't elegant. I can't help it. Not that I am a potential customer at the moment, but I would really like it was more clean and simple. Yes, it has great features and the concept is phenomenal and I applaud to Fuji for listening the customers and giving its best to improve it. I haven't seen one in person, I may change my position, I admit.
Does anyone feel
...Show more

I guess I could understand that point of view. Will you really look at the back much though? You'll do an initial setup, but you'll be toggling a couple of dials and looking through the viewfinder. No real need to look at the back, unless you like reviewing all your images on the LCD all the time.

If we're being critical, they could shift everything to the left more, make the screen smaller. Although I think the screen is a good compromise in terms of size, I don't see why many cameras are dominated by such huge screens, messing up all the ergonomics. Unless of course it's a live view only type camera.... but otherwise it's just unwise use of space IMO. One thing that would be nice for the X100 interface would be to have a "lift up" shutter dial to change the ISO, with a little window on the top.

Jan 11, 2013 at 04:38 PM
Jman13
• • • • • •
p.7 #16 · p.7 #16 · Fuji X100s!

I have to say, the more I look at this or picking up a used X100, the more I am interested with something like this as my 'small' single lens type kit. I may pick one up and sell some of my smaller and lesser used m4/3 lenses (I find myself not using the 45/1.8 as much since I got the 35-100, 60/2.8 and 75/1.8...and I could also sell the 12mm, since I only have it primarily as a smaller alternative to my 7-14).

Jan 11, 2013 at 04:46 PM
mirkoc
• • •
p.7 #17 · p.7 #17 · Fuji X100s!

ricardovaste wrote:
I guess I could understand that point of view. Will you really look at the back much though?

It is more that the front is phenomenal, as I said. On the other hand, with the cleaner look, as of Leica X1, the AEL button and others should be removed. It's the buttons on the left that look nicer on X1, and no green playback button.

Here are the pictures of them at DPR:

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/FujifilmX100/3

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/LeicaX1/2

Jan 11, 2013 at 05:17 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
p.7 #18 · p.7 #18 · Fuji X100s!

Jman13 wrote:
I have to say, the more I look at this or picking up a used X100, the more I am interested with something like this as my 'small' single lens type kit. I may pick one up and sell some of my smaller and lesser used m4/3 lenses...

You won't regret it.

Jan 11, 2013 at 05:22 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
p.7 #19 · p.7 #19 · Fuji X100s!

mirkoc wrote:
Although I like the look of the camera from the front a lot (perhaps it's the most stylish camera of all), the back side, the one you look as a photographer, just isn't elegant....

Does anyone feel the same?

Nope. I generally look through the finder.

Sometimes I look at the LCD, if I can wait long enough for the most recent image to display...

Jan 11, 2013 at 05:25 PM
mirkoc
• • •
p.7 #20 · p.7 #20 · Fuji X100s!

I admit I am pushing it a bit.

The look from the front almost provokes mouthwatering!

http://download.fujifilm.co.jp/press/en/n130107_02/01.jpg

Jan 11, 2013 at 05:31 PM

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.