Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2013 · Any luck sending in your d600?

mike-in-ak
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · Any luck sending in your d600?

I check my sensors on a clear blue sky.

Jan 17, 2013 at 09:34 PM
thedruid
• • •
p.2 #2 · Any luck sending in your d600?

Blue skies especially and check top left corner, I shoot a lot a dusk stopped down to F8-F11. Once they accumulate it does not take much to see them. If I'm going to be using 15-30 second exposures or a ND filter then a wet clean beforehand would be in order.

Jan 17, 2013 at 09:37 PM
T-D-S

Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #3 · Any luck sending in your d600?

recdaco wrote:
I just got my D600 back from Nikon service. I made sure to ask them on the phone to make sure the camera got fixed, and not just cleaned. In additional I included a letter in the box asking the same thing. Anybody want to guess what they did? Yup, they cleaned the sensor and fired off 750 shots.

I took it out, retested it, and of course, the same dust spots come right back. There's a good chance this was a final straw for me after trying out a few D800s that all had focusing issues, and I may,
...Show more

I just got mine back from Nikon as well. Guess what they did for me? Cleaned the sensor and nothing else... just like you. I wrote another blog post with pictures for evidence. Fresh from Nikon, took 50 shots and spots are already multiplying like crazy. I'm back up to over 50 spots already. I asked my Nikon contact what the next step was and I'm awaiting a response.

http://toddphotos.wordpress.com/2013/01/14/my-nikon-nightmare-the-d600-part-4/

Jan 17, 2013 at 09:40 PM
Jun Zhou
• • •
p.2 #4 · Any luck sending in your d600?

At this point, I think Nikon really don't care about the issue or the PR employees are really bad.

Jan 18, 2013 at 03:18 AM
lovemygsp

p.2 #5 · Any luck sending in your d600?

Any new updates on this? Anyone having luck with actual repairs happening at nikon vs. just cleaning?

My husband bought this for me without doing research and didn't know about the problems it was having and why I was holding off (he was being nice and trying to surprise me). Now My D600 is having spots too. I called Nikon and it was clear they are only going to be cleaning the senor if sent in for 3-6 weeks. Unacceptable. The camera will have spent more time with them and me and my return date will have passed. I think I might return it and switch to canon. I don't want to spend 2k on a camera from a company who doesn't value me as a customer. Furthermore I don't even have any sensor cleaning stuff other than a blower so I'd have to spend more mony on it?! Ridiculous. I'm just venting as I'm really upset right now.

Feb 04, 2013 at 10:49 PM
thedruid
• • •
p.2 #6 · Any luck sending in your d600?

Are you within return period, normally 30 days...if not go to any larger camera store and either have them clean it or buy the fluid and swabs. Along with your bower it's part of most photographer's kit.

Feb 05, 2013 at 12:45 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

lovemygsp

p.2 #7 · Any luck sending in your d600?

Well I called amazon. They have a whole department just for camera sales. The guy was super nice and helpful. They are overnighting me a new one. They know its a huge problem and they said they are putting pressure on nikon. He thought they should be issuing a recall too but said nikon has no clue how to fix it yet so thats probably why they haven't. He said they usually only allow one replacement but with this there's an exception. So if the next one also has issues we will just keep sending them back. Better to get the bad ones out of the sales line i suppose.

I can't stress how wonderful amazon is being. As long as I know I'm going to be taken care of by someone until this is resolved I have a bit more faith in sticking with a d600.

Feb 05, 2013 at 07:30 PM
okafoja
• • •
p.2 #8 · Any luck sending in your d600?

sonofjesse2010 wrote:
I would clean it and keep shooting and repeat. Several people report it goes away.

While others don't report any issues from the start.[/quote

Every D600 has dust issue. I mean every single one of them.

Feb 05, 2013 at 08:54 PM
M Lucca
• • •
p.2 #9 · Any luck sending in your d600?

lovemygsp wrote:
Well I called amazon. They have a whole department just for camera sales. The guy was super nice and helpful. They are overnighting me a new one. They know its a huge problem and they said they are putting pressure on nikon. He thought they should be issuing a recall too but said nikon has no clue how to fix it yet so thats probably why they haven't. He said they usually only allow one replacement but with this there's an exception. So if the next one also has issues we will just keep sending them back. Better to get
...Show more

Wow really? Shame on Nikon. This looks like it will eclipse the d800 AF problems. Good thing is people these days seem to shoot wide open for max bokeh.

Feb 05, 2013 at 11:10 PM
buckeyeguy1
• •
p.2 #10 · Any luck sending in your d600?

I have been going back and forth on getting the D600 or the D800. The price had me leaning more toward the D600, but this issue is making me think about spending the extra money on a D800 refurb. I had actually thought about the D600 refurb and using the savings to get a Lee filter kit, battery grip and an extra battery or two.

Feb 06, 2013 at 01:19 AM
lovemygsp

p.2 #11 · Any luck sending in your d600?

If the d600 wasn't such a steller camera I would have already switched to canon. I moved from DX and sold everything already. Now that I've tried it and see the results though, I can't give it up. Its like the pet who you love to death even though it craps everywhere.

I think a ton of people are really upset about this OIL problem(because its not just dust like some try to make it out to be) and with so many retailers getting constant returns, something is bound to happen. If you can, just wait it out another month or two. I don't think you will be disappointed.

Feb 06, 2013 at 03:22 PM
lovemygsp

p.2 #12 · Any luck sending in your d600?

Just an update. The new camera I received had a lower Serial number and right off the bat I was worried. Turns out I didn't need to be. It had 2-3 spots only on a really close inspection and after a cleaning seems to be fine. I have no idea whats causing this but hopefully if others are having the same problem my posts help. I'll order all my photo gear from amazon from now on. I even got a personal email to check up on me a few days ago. Way to go amazon, if it wasn't for you I'd have a canon by now.

Feb 19, 2013 at 03:22 PM
       end

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password