Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2013 · recommended circular polarizer for 24-70 II ?

eric1
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · recommended circular polarizer for 24-70 II ?

hi peeps. i need a 82mm cpl also. if the Marumi is arguably the best (from the lens tip test), why would anyone pay crazy cpl prices? i bought a blue/gold from SinghRay in 77mm. i would like something really nice!! help me out with WHY you bought what you did. anyone have anything exotic? is it better? how? here's a shot of what the blue/gold can do in the hands of a poser like me! haha

Jan 03, 2013 at 05:37 PM
Sheldon N
• • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · recommended circular polarizer for 24-70 II ?

I have a Hoya HD 82mm circular polizarer. Bought it from MaxSaver.net for a good price (they are $115 currently, but backordered). It's been used primarily with my 16-35 II, but now that I have the 24-70 II it will do double duty there as well.

My experience has been that it has good build quality, no optical issues, compares favorably with my 77mm B+W Kaesemann Polarizer.

Jan 03, 2013 at 06:01 PM
ifxbonz
• • • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · recommended circular polarizer for 24-70 II ?

Pixel Perfect wrote:
Yes, should have bought the MRC version.

Thanks for the Follow-Up here I'll make the change tomorrow first thing. It hasn't shipped yet. I'm thinking with the upgrade it won't be a problem....That filter did have a no returns disclaimer though? I need on for the 16-35 as well so it will have a dual roll and Slim will be best suited for the wide end.

Andy

Jan 04, 2013 at 01:56 AM
ultimaterowdy
• • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · recommended circular polarizer for 24-70 II ?

many thanks to all for weighing in. really appreciate hearing people's experiences with what they've used. I will likely try out the Marumi.

Jan 04, 2013 at 02:27 AM
Mike K
• • • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · recommended circular polarizer for 24-70 II ?

+1 for the Marumi, they work fine and are not overpriced.

In the Lenstip tests, the Hoyas did not score as well as the B&W with the Hoya HD scoring the best, coming in sixth. Also the Hoyas have had a recent history of occasionally falling apart! This should never happen to a quality CP.

https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1051748/0#lastmessage

https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1003748
Mike K

Jan 04, 2013 at 02:50 AM
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.